Wedding 911

Traditional Vows Only?

My fiancé and I are both very sentimental and romantic people, but are also very shy about it. We can write the most amazing love letters (he's military so we're planning this little shindig from two states) to each other and romance each other over Skype 'til kingdom come, but writing and reading vows in front of other people is not in either of our comfort zones. Our ceremony is only going to be close friends and our immediate family (with our other guests coming in for the reception) so everyone there already knows how much we love each other and all that. But I know that writing your own vows has become almost as common place as wearing a white dress. Would it be too weird for us to opt for only the basic wedding vows, without supplementing?

Best Answers

Answers

• Yeah, that's one of the other reasons (or three of four) that neither of us want to write our own. We'll save the sickeningly sweet romance for the honeymoon, our "how we met story" isn't romantic or sweet at all (I hated him for the first year or so we knew each other), and we both know good and well there are stupid things we'll do that are going to drive each other crazy.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards