Reception Ideas

Would you add anything?

Denise40Denise40 Montgomery County, Tx
Ninth Anniversary 500 Comments 250 Love Its Name Dropper
This is a pic of the outdoor bar for cocktail hour. Would you add any decor? Just around the corner there are more tables and chairs. Should I put any decor on them?
image.jpg 1013.3K
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Would you add anything?

• I would add two or three low floral arrangements to the bar, linens to the tables with a candle piece on each. You don't need to do much, the view of the water is beautiful!
    *********************************************************************************

lc07
  • Denise40Denise40 Montgomery County, Tx
    @southernbelle0915‌ those are great ideas. Didn't think about linens out there. My pic disappeared.
    image.jpg 1013.3K
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If you do linens out there, I would tie them around the base (like below) so they don't fly around in the wind. I think they can be skipped, and just put a small something (candle or flower arrangement) on each table to tie it in with everything else. And a small arrangement at each end of the bar.

Attached pictures disappear the second/subsequent time you view your own post for some reason, but they're still there for the rest of us!

lc07
    @lolo883 I really like the look of that. Thanks for sharing. I'm thinking maybe something like this for the bar and then take them inside for the bar in there. For the tables maybe lanterns with candles.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    climbingwife
  • Denise40 said:
    @lolo883 I really like the look of that. Thanks for sharing. I'm thinking maybe something like this for the bar and then take them inside for the bar in there. For the tables maybe lanterns with candles.
    Perfect!

Denise40
  • JoanE2012JoanE2012 Exit 21 (Jersey!)
    5000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary 5 Answers
    I think PPs covered decor.  You don't need much.....the view is wonderful!  I would just make sure there is plenty of seating/tables.  I know you mentioned there is more around the corner, but not sure how much.   I'd love to sit with my drink and apps overlooking the water.
  • mikenbergermikenberger In a f'n cornfield
    1000 Comments 500 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    I would add myself to that view. Drink, please! :) looks like it will be a lovely event!

@JoanE2012‌ @mikenberger‌ thanks so much. I went to several venues and really liked it. Here are a couple more pics. The first pic is where reception will be held and the 2nd one is where ceremony will be held.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    mikenberger
  • climbingwifeclimbingwife NYC 'burbs
    10000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary 5 Answers
    That's a great view! As PPs said, I really don't think you need much at all. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards