Pre-wedding Parties

NO shower....

everyone keeps telling me i have to have a shower. my fiancee and i would rather just buy the stuff ourselves. i understand the idea of the shower is to shower the couple with gifts. we just dont want it. people (mainly my sister i dont get along with) are giving us issues over it. is it such a big deal that we would rather buy the stuff ourselves?

Re: NO shower....

• I didn't have a shower. You don't have to have one. This is my second wedding, and I personally wasn't comfortable having one. So I didn't register and turned down multiple offers for a shower. 
  • If you want to buy the stuff yourselves then do it.  Just keep repeating "we really don't want a shower" over and over until it finally sinks in.

• No, you're not obligated to have a shower. If you don't want one, just keep telling people no. 
  • You don't need one. Just decline all offers. 

But you do realize that, for a shower, you make a registry and people can buy you the exact stuff you want, right? If it's still a no-go, that's fine. Make sure people don't try to throw you a tacky cash or gift card shower. Those are against etiquette.
    *********************************************************************************

• Just keep saying no. Be firm about it.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• we both understand that but also have people who would not go off the registry (people who buy what they want and not what we want). my fiancee is not a person who goes out and asks for gifts and rather just do it himself..... which i am that way to to a point. my fiancee and i sometimes will buy ourselves our christmas gifts.... easier that way.
  • jalem616 said:
    we both understand that but also have people who would not go off the registry (people who buy what they want and not what we want). my fiancee is not a person who goes out and asks for gifts and rather just do it himself..... which i am that way to to a point. my fiancee and i sometimes will buy ourselves our christmas gifts.... easier that way.
    Make private wish lists that are not google-able so that you can organize the things you want to buy. I have a few of them on Amazon just so that I can categorize things like christmas gifts for this year, things I want to buy for Wedding DIY stuff, etc.

Just make sure there's no way of finding your lists, and decline showers. Tell them you already have what you need, and that you'll be happy to see them at the wedding.

They'll either give you guys money, or just show up as you'd like.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• I feel like I am breathing fresh mountain/spring air.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards