California-Bay Area

Dress Regret?

Hi All,
I've had some severe dress regret since buying my dress. A  little background, I always assumed I'd end up in a lace fit and flare, maybe even mermaid.  Certainly NOT ballgown as my fiance is not a fan of "poufy" dresses.  Well, it turns out I tried one on and I fell in love with it and had that moment where I just knew it was the one! I ended up getting it. However, since I have had almost constant anxiety about it! Which of course is no fun.  I"m so worried he will a. think it's too poufy and b. that I will feel fat in it the day of since it doesn't do much for own's shape and c. just am surprised I went with a shape/style I had never intended on.

Has any other bride experienced this?  I think part of it is knowing I won't get it until March and my wedding is in May. I'm hoping other brides can tell me that this is perfectly normal and that I don't need to worry haha. 

Re: Dress Regret?

• arrrghmateyarrrghmatey member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited November 2014
    I personally think your dress is beautiful, and it doesn't look too poufy at all. It looks more A-line to me, but that could be because most of the ball gowns I've seen brides where are really, really poufy. Like Cinderella poufy.

If you fell in love with the dress, and love the way you look in it, then you should stick with the dress you love. Your FI asked you to marry him and is marrying you, and I'm sure he will see you as gorgeous on your big day. I wouldn't worry about his opinion too much when it comes to your dress.

I haven't yet started looking for a dress (my wedding is November 2015), but I could imagine I would experience the same thing, second-guessing my decision and wondering if I bought it too early, if there would have been another one I would have loved more, etc. But in the end, you're marrying the love of your life, and you will look lovely in the dress you choose.
                                     Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Thanks so much for taking the time to reply! I know, I keep telling myself the same thing. Hearing that it looks A-line makes me so happy! haha! thanks again and best of luck dress shopping!! Post yours here once you find it :) 

• arrrghmateyarrrghmatey member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited November 2014
    My sisterss wedding dress. THAT was poufy. I was expecting at least half a dozen clowns to come prancing out.

I'll probably be looking primarily at A-line dresses as well. I have wide hips, but am small everywhere else, so I figure that would be the most flattering.

Good lucks with the rest of your wedding planning!
                                     Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Hi!

I have not gotten to regret stage...just bought my dress 2 weeks ago and it is totally different than what I was looking for. I had thought that my dream dress was going to be a tea length retro type dress (having a morning outdoor wedding). I ended up getting an A-line full length with a train. But when I tried the dress on I started to cry and I know in my heart that I am going to be so happy with it! I am trying not to over think it as the dress will not be in for 12-18 weeks.

Hope you are feeling better and just know as long as you feel like a princess you will be one!

Theresa

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards