Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Shoes for destination/outdoor wedding? (+dress pic)

We are getting married next June in Hawaii, near a waterfall. I have to assume the terrain is going to be somewhat jungley? lol. 
Also we plan to take a few photos out on the beach and around the island. I'm guessing I will only be in full wedding attire for about 3-4 hours max.
What do you think would work well? I would love to incorporate some form of heel as my fiance is over a foot taller than me!

Re: Shoes for destination/outdoor wedding? (+dress pic)

• Options
    A wedged sandal would be your best bet.  But I would keep the height of the wedge on the lower side. The last thing you want to do is to twist your ankle as you are walking down the uneven aisle.

You look fabulous in your dress by the way!

• Options
    I second a wedge (I wore a wedge for my wedding).

Anniversary
  • Options
    Third the wedge.  I wore wedge for my outdoor wedding and was comfy all the way to the after party.  Don't think wedge means cheap foam flip flops.  There are lots of pretty designer wedges you can wear again after (don't pick white satin!)  I wore pewter colored Gucci wedges that now I can wear out.
  • Options
    Definitely wedge. I wore nude patent wedge sandals with an ankle strap, nice and secure... even though my wedding ended up inside.

• Options
    Another vote for wedge with ankle strap. You'll feel safe walking on uneven surfaces and when you hit beach, you can just ditch the shoes if you want.
  • Options
    appleorchardappleorchard member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    edited November 2014
    Thank you all very much!! Now I'm just having a hard time deciding which would look good with this dress :/ These are the best ones I've been able to find so far..

imageimage

I haven't found anything that would work well and that I would use again. Besides going to another wedding anyhow.
  • Options
    Because your dress is long, you an get away with many different, or even less formal styles. No one will see your shoes anyway. Of those two, I'd go with the ankle strap one because I'd be afraid fo stepping out of them on rocks/sand/uneven ground. I like this one too (link)
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • Options
    wedge but i would be careful on the height you dont want to twist your ankle. if anything maybe go with a flat or something to be safe.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards