Attire & Accessories Forum

Hair/Accessories with Dress

Hello!

Got the call today that my dress is in! hooray! I've always thought I would wear my hair up as my hair really doesn't hold a curl well. I don't want to be fussing with it all day and worrying that its going to be flat and straight by pictures.

However, after purchasing the dress my mother made a comment how the dress didn't suit an up-do as she thought it would make my 'too bare' up top.

I'm not a huge jewelry person and the thought of a statement necklace kind of intimidates me. So I guess my question is, if I wear my hair up do you think that its necessary to wear a bigger necklace than the one in the pic, or suggestions as to other ways of accessorizing the dress.

(Sorry for the block over my face, I had a ridiculous expression.)

Extra info: I have naturally red hair that is mid back length. I am super short at 5' tall. I am not wearing heels, i've attached my shoes. The wedding colours are teal and fall colours.

Re: Hair/Accessories with Dress

• Very pretty dress! It looks so good on you! 

I think your mom is wrong in this case. It's a HUGE trend now to wear hair up with little or no jewelry. That way the dress and --mostly-- YOU are making the statement, not a piece of jewelry, not the overall accessories, just you looking lovely and standing out. 

With this dress you could wear your hair up or down, with flashy jewelry or none or just a simple pair of stud earrings, something minimal, and no matter what it will look gorgeous. 
  • Everything novella said!!!  
  • I think your dress is gorgeous, and you can most definitely wear your hair up if that's how you want it. Novella said everything really well. Even the simple necklace you're wearing in the picture looks beautiful... Or you can go with none at all. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Good to know!

With my height I've always been a little worried about the dress or accessories 'wearing me' or overshadowing me. So going simple sounds way better! I just didn't want to look like the outfit wasn't complete or was missing something!
  • Very Pretty Dress! I think an Up-Do would definitely look great with the dress. No need for a statement necklace, a simple necklace and maybe a simple pair of earrings would be lovely.

Anniversary
  • I agree with erinlin!A Up-Do will look better and there is no need to wear a necklace.
  • I agree with erinlin!A Up-Do will look better and there is no need to wear a necklace.
  • I don't see why you can't have it up like you do in the picture & then even a simple necklace like you have on in the picture to add a little something if you want. I think you'll look beautiful with the way you have planned.
  • Thanks ladies!

It helps to hear other opinions! I definitely think I will stick with the updo and simple jewelry. Seems less fussy to me:)
  • It's going to look beautiful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards