Nevada-Las Vegas

Question About Tipping Wedding Coordinators

Obviously it goes w/o saying that you should be giving them something after helping you all year long but, if on the day of your wedding things weren't done exactly right what do you tip them then? Also is tipping them supposed to be 10% of what the wedding cost? I tipped my coordinator but not well because things were not perfect on the day of, I feel bad about it now. Thoughts?
Anniversary

Re: Question About Tipping Wedding Coordinators

• I don't think you have to tip them. I think just like anyone else you should tip accordingly. A lot of full planners charge between 10-25% of the wedding budget from what I have seen. DOC seems a bit different. I guess another option is if the person really tried and worked hard with you for an entire year rather than tipping give them a little trinket or gift of gratitude rather than tipping....just an idea. Either way I wouldn't feel bad. 
  • I don't think you have to tip them
    ---
    while you don't "have" to, on my wedding contract...

Special Services

Gratuity for weding cordinator not included on final invoice,  optional on day of weding when final receipt is presented.
  • Haven't thought about this. I really need to budget in these tips or they are going to screw up my budget later! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ericandmarieericandmarie member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited November 2014
    Are we talking about DOC, full event coordinators or chapel coordinators?

My chapel coordinator at Aria is amazing on so many levels. I'll either tip her or get her a gift of some-sort.
  • Chapel coordinators
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards