Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Spring Wedding Hair Accessories and Jewelry

I am in need of some fellow bridal help. I have purchased a Maggie Sottero Arabella which I absolutely love. It hasn't arrived yet but with the wedding almost 5 months away, I am trying to get some purchases done. I have purchased a bridal hair piece from David's Bridal and I am conflicted whether to wear a necklace or not. I don't have an exact hair style in mind just yet, but my hair does horribly with curls so I am going to an updo. I am wearing a veil just for the ceremony and then removing it. I have a large bust so I want to wear a necklace to hide some of my chest, but I don't know how small or large to go. Any thoughts or suggestions?! Attached are pictures of my dress and head piece. Thank you in advance!! :)

Re: Spring Wedding Hair Accessories and Jewelry

• Options
    That is a gorgeous dress! I think a necklace may draw MORE attention to your bust, though, rather than detract from it. Unless you wear one that a little more simple and doesn't hang low enough to hit your cleavage, KWIM? 

Bauble Bar and Nordstrom's are both good places to look for necklaces. If you want something kind of pricey, check out BHLDN (although I'll warn you that their customer service sucks). If you want something more unique, try Modcloth. 

But yeah, I'd go with a simple necklace that isn't too long, especially so it doesn't detract from that fancy hair piece! 
  • Options
    I personally wouldn't do a necklace - like novella mentioned, i think it would draw MORE attention to your bust.  But do whatever you feel most comfortable with!

That dress is gorgeous and the headpiece is too!  
  • Options
    Below are some pictures of other brides who wore that dress and how they styled it:
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    Thank you so much ladies for all your help. It's one of those mixed feelings that I think I may feel naked without a necklace because it's so much exposed between my neck and chest, but then I definitely don't want to bring attention to it. I think I'll buy a simple cheap necklace to take with me to try on when my dress gets here and decide from there. Doeydo, I appreciate the pictures. Definitely gives me a better image of how it all looks together.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards