Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Sister Vent

I'm going to preface this by saying makeup and hair are in no way mandatory. I've been on the hunt for a hair and make up person for the day of because I know I want mine done, and some of my other girls have expressed some interest. Every one I've been looking at has been 80-100 for hair and 50-65 for make up. Well, I found an old friend of mine that's willing to do hair for 50 and make up for 40, but if you book both then it'll only be 75 bucks. I was really excited about it, but my sister is flipping the eff out because his girl is offering a holiday special 40 for hair and 35 for makeup. "If she's willing to do it as a special, she should be able to charge that price all the time. We have to haggle her down." Is it just me or is haggling, especially with a friend who's already super cheap, altitude tacky? Thanks! ETA: I had paragraphs.

Re: Sister Vent

• Options
    I think its tacky. The price is set. If your sister wants to haggle one of her own friends and bring them in, fine. But you've already found a great deal and its a friend. I think its inappropriate to haggle here (and I like to haggle). Plus and also, I would tip her as you normally would a MUA and stylist.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    I feel like this would go better in the hair and makeup section because unless boothang is doing your hair as you process into the ceremony... I mean, maybe tip her extra.

@artbyallie whaddaya say?
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    I agree @beethery. I'll move it.

By the way, @loveislouder, am I reading your OP correctly in that your sister is bitching about a price that is actually the same as the one she is comparing it to and wanting to haggle over? Because AFAIK, $45+$30=$75.
  • Options

By the way, @loveislouder, am I reading your OP correctly in that your sister is bitching about a price that is actually the same as the one she is comparing it to and wanting to haggle over? Because AFAIK, $45+$30=$75.

Lol You're right. Wth is her problem.
  • Options

Lol You're right. Wth is her problem.
    She can't math? I don't know, lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards