Chit Chat

Plotting Revenge

Here's why:
I was chilling in the bathtub (my favorite thing to do) and I get a call from a company that I'm really hoping to work for. So I jump out of the tub and answer. Then my husband starts scratching and meowing at the door. So I bang on it a couple times so he'll go away. He continued so I open the door a little and try to signal him (by making a "shooing" motion) that he needed to go away. He tried to get in and I finally closed the door on him.

So I'm trying to find suitable revenge. Any ideas? Oh and good vibes would be appreciated for my INTERVIEW on Monday.

Re: Plotting Revenge

• Too funny.  Does he scare?  I would wait until he's in the bathroom with the door closed and then start banging on it and yelling to give him a jump.

Good luck Monday!
    Anniversary

• My FI likes to prank me by changing the wallpaper on my phone to a scary face. If he leaves enough time between them, it works pretty much every time. Maybe something like that?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• He doesn't scare easily so it's sort of hard to get revenge on him.
  • smichek said:

beethery said:

smichek said:

I read this three times and don't see how this merits revenge. Your husband made a little noise while you were on the phone with a potential employer. You got an interview. He didn't wreck your chances with the potential employer, otherwise you wouldn't have gotten the interview.

They're pranking each other, Smich. Chill.

Did I miss a previous thread about this? I looked around and didn't find one.

You didn't miss anything. It was just the worst timing for his cute little joke. So I have to find something really really good. So I figured I'd ask the smart ladies on the boards.
  • AddieCake said:

A previous thread would not be necessary to know that she meant "revenge" in a lighthearted way.

Exactly. He was just being a goof and even apologized once I told him what happened. We got a laugh out of it. But I still need to get him back.
  • AddieCake said:
    I'd be kind of pissed, though, if my husband was pestering me while I was on the phone about a job.
    Agreed. DH knows the serious face. He would be in big trouble if he did this. 
    Anniversary

• AddieCake said:
    I'd be kind of pissed, though, if my husband was pestering me while I was on the phone about a job.
    I would too. Especially if it's business/work-related. Anyone who tries to talk to me while I'm dealing with a customer usually gets the doom glare and wild hand gesturing.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• AddieCake said:

I was at first but he said he didn't realize I was on the phone.
  • Teddy917 said:
    I was at first but he said he didn't realize I was on the phone.
    Fair enough!
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Ahh, ok. I give him a pass, then.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • H would be in bigger trouble for interrupting my bath than for bothering me while I was on the phone. I'd dump a bucket of ice water on him over the curtain the next time he's in the shower.

Yes. Please do this.
  • How does he feel about bugs?? You could put fake bugs/snakes between his sheets. My BF would pee himself. It would be great. 

Or make something pop out of a cupboard or fridge? 

Our pranks obviously involve startling each other. 
                                    Daisypath Wedding tickers

• Good prank for those who don't scare easily: Tie a tea bag (preferably one that makes a red colored tea) over the shower head the next time your H takes a shower. Also good luck on your interview!
  • doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2014
    amelisha said:
    I'm with lolo. No one effs with my bath time and gets away with it.

I always lock the door because FI always wants to come in and I think seeing me wallowing around in there like a hippo in mud is extremely unsexy. But he'll think twice after this week when he walked in on his best friend/our roommate naked and shaving himself because he thought I'd finally forgotten to lock the door...
    He sounds like my cats.  Also, I would be pissed if I was the friend or if I were you.  Boundaries are there for a reason, maybe I;m a hard ass, but if you don't knock and respect when I want or don't want you in the bathroom with me, we are not going to get along so well.
  • The best prank I ever played on FI was to mock up a fake parking ticket and leave it on his car. Another good one is putting vaseline on something he'll have to unsuspectingly touch.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• FI is an extremely logical person, and yet he's afraid of ghosts. We put an offer on a house and it was accepted. I then called him pretending to be extremely upset and said I had googled the house and found out a brutal murdered had occurred there. He flipped out.

The best, most clever pranks are the ones where you hit them where it hurts.
  • H would be in bigger trouble for interrupting my bath than for bothering me while I was on the phone. I'd dump a bucket of ice water on him over the curtain the next time he's in the shower.

I always lock the door. The lock is a piece of crap though. So he walks in anyway. But I love the cold water idea. Or maybe I'll do that trick where you put sticky candy in the showerhead since he hates sticky.
  • LabLove86LabLove86 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited November 2014
    Teddy917 said:
    H would be in bigger trouble for interrupting my bath than for bothering me while I was on the phone. I'd dump a bucket of ice water on him over the curtain the next time he's in the shower.
    I always lock the door. The lock is a piece of crap though. So he walks in anyway. But I love the cold water idea. Or maybe I'll do that trick where you put sticky candy in the showerhead since he hates sticky.
    instant jell-o powder

ETA - it might stain. Just FYI
                                    Daisypath Wedding tickers

My sister and I used to do this. 
    Anniversary
  • doeydo said:
    amelisha said:

I always lock the door because FI always wants to come in and I think seeing me wallowing around in there like a hippo in mud is extremely unsexy. But he'll think twice after this week when he walked in on his best friend/our roommate naked and shaving himself because he thought I'd finally forgotten to lock the door...
    He sounds like my cats.  Also, I would be pissed if I was the friend or if I were you.  Boundaries are there for a reason, maybe I;m a hard ass, but if you don't knock and respect when I want or don't want you in the bathroom with me, we are not going to get along so well.

Way more like a puppy - he's a textbook extrovert and hates not being around me even at home (so that hour I lock him out so I can have a bubble bath with a book is hard for him, lol.) It can be trying occasionally for an introvert like me who needs a bit of alone time, but I remind myself it's out of love, and he knows it's silly and doesn't get mad when I tell him sometimes I just want to wash my hair without someone else in the shower with me.

As for roomie, they've been best friends since they were little kids, so a little nudity isn't a big deal, and we have a lock that he wasn't using although he could have. It was funny, not a source of conflict. We spent the rest of the day teasing FI about it mercilessly.

I'm a control freak about a lot of things, but my privacy is not one of them. if I'm actually using the toilet he stays out. It's just the sound of the shower or the bathtub that lures him in because he knows I'm naked, haha.

No one really gets "pissed" in our house, honestly, about anything. We have a happy and harmonious household with zero arguments. We're really good at laughing about stuff instead of getting upset about it.

Whoever recommended the Jello is my new hero. That sounds disgusting and I am saving it for a really special occasion.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Have you seen the YouTube videos of that couple who prank each other? They take pranking to epic extremes.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • AddieCake said:
    Have you seen the YouTube videos of that couple who prank each other? They take pranking to epic extremes.
    I'm not into some of their stuff, but the toilet paper blower thing is SOOOOOOO fucking funny.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• amelisha said:
    doeydo said:
    amelisha said:

Way more like a puppy - he's a textbook extrovert and hates not being around me even at home (so that hour I lock him out so I can have a bubble bath with a book is hard for him, lol.) It can be trying occasionally for an introvert like me who needs a bit of alone time, but I remind myself it's out of love, and he knows it's silly and doesn't get mad when I tell him sometimes I just want to wash my hair without someone else in the shower with me.

As for roomie, they've been best friends since they were little kids, so a little nudity isn't a big deal, and we have a lock that he wasn't using although he could have. It was funny, not a source of conflict. We spent the rest of the day teasing FI about it mercilessly.

I'm a control freak about a lot of things, but my privacy is not one of them. if I'm actually using the toilet he stays out. It's just the sound of the shower or the bathtub that lures him in because he knows I'm naked, haha.

No one really gets "pissed" in our house, honestly, about anything. We have a happy and harmonious household with zero arguments. We're really good at laughing about stuff instead of getting upset about it.

Whoever recommended the Jello is my new hero. That sounds disgusting and I am saving it for a really special occasion.
    OK, well I am glad it works for you guys, I guess.  I just envisioned this, but with a man's face instead:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards