Chit Chat

:(

My parent's and aunt's flight was cancelled due to weather.   So was their second one.  The next available non-stand-by flight is Friday.    So they are getting a car and driving here.  I'm hoping they will stay the night and come in tomorrow.    The pass is pretty snow packed right now.

boo. 

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 

Re: :(

• That sucks. I'm sorry.
  • Totally first world problems but we deep cleaned on Saturday.  Did a touch up yesterday.  Did another one today because we had people over.    Dude, I'm tired of doing touch up cleaning.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Boo! I'm sorry. I hope they get there safe!
  • Hoping for safe travels for them! Hopefully they make the best of it and it's a fun adventure and they make it there in time for Thanksgiving safe and sound.

Double boo to cleaning.
  • larrygagalarrygaga member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2014
    Tell them to drive slow and don't slam on the brakes, ever!!!!

Pump the brakes. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• larrygaga said:
    Tell them to drive slow and don't slam on the brakes, ever!!!!

Pump the brakes. 
    Thanks for the advice.

they lived in a small town in Norway for over 2 years.  They were required to take classed on how to drive in the snow before they were able to get their license.   Pretty intensive ones apparently.   So I know dad will be okay, but he is 70. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards