Attire & Accessories Forum

What does Allure's "gold" look like?

CarolynnS58CarolynnS58 member
First Comment
edited November 2014 in Attire & Accessories Forum
Hi everyone!

I'm fairly new to The Knot so bear with me. I fell in love with the Allure C155 gown at my local bridal salon, and am now facing the decision on whether to choose ivory or gold satin. The salon only had ivory, and it's the only place that sells Allure Couture within 25 miles, so it's difficult to make a definitive decision. I feel like the gold under the ivory lace could look really nice, but I'm nervous about just blindly buying it not having seen it on. My question is simply has anyone bought a Allure Couture dress in gold, and do you have any photos of it?

I would really love to see how the gold actually looks, since I can't even find any pictures of it online. I'm pretty pale so I don't know if gold would be better or worse than ivory.

Thanks!

Re: What does Allure's "gold" look like?

• Isn't it worth driving more than 25 mi to allay your concerns?

Or, order a swatch.  It's a nominal shipping fee.
  • Carolyn, even if people have purchased that particular dress in that particular color, them posting pictures online is not going to help you at all.  Everything from the lighting in the room to the type of camera used to take the photo to the way your particular computer screen is (professional photographers have to have their computer screens calibrated to make sure colors in the images they are editing are exactly the same as they look on screen) will affect the way that color looks to you.

I would try to have a swatch sent to you or just try to find a time when you can make the drive.  

Good luck!
  • Hi everyone!

I'm fairly new to The Knot so bear with me. I fell in love with the Allure C155 gown at my local bridal salon, and am now facing the decision on whether to choose ivory or gold satin. The salon only had ivory, and it's the only place that sells Allure Couture within 25 miles, so it's difficult to make a definitive decision. I feel like the gold under the ivory lace could look really nice, but I'm nervous about just blindly buying it not having seen it on. My question is simply has anyone bought a Allure Couture dress in gold, and do you have any photos of it?

I would really love to see how the gold actually looks, since I can't even find any pictures of it online. I'm pretty pale so I don't know if gold would be better or worse than ivory.

Thanks!
    So I was in LOVE with Allure C301 which comes in gold. Once I saw the dress with the gold I absolutely HATED it. I drove over an hour to see the dress. I think you should go see the dress in person before ordering anything. This is your wedding dress you want to make sure it's EXACTLY what you want. :) Happy Shopping! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards