Attire & Accessories Forum

Glitter pocket squares!

Please help! I can't find any glitter silver pocket squares for my nye wedding! I'd even do a DIY at this point... Any suggestions?

Re: Glitter pocket squares!

• Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited November 2014
    Pocket squares range from 10"x10" to 18"x18".  

Here is a blog that gives instructions on how to make them...CLICK

• Thanks! Any suggestions for a beginner sewing machine? I've used them before in home ec but am interested in learning how to sew
  • I have a Singer.  Not sure exactly which one but it is pretty basic.  I think it can do up to 10 or so stitches.  I have only used it a few times and mainly for basic things like straight lines.  I am kind of sewing intolerant unless it is super super simple LOL!

• lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited November 2014
    I have been told by sewers I know that Singer is not so hot lately. They used to be awesome but their machines are not so great currently.  My sister has a Brother machine from their Project Runway-branded line and she really likes it.  I am planning to get a machine soon, and I am planning to get something similar to what she has.

Bernina is an amazing brand (my professional quilter grandmother uses Berninas), but I don't know what they have in the way of beginner/inexpensive lines of machines.  I haven't checked.
  • atlastmrsgatlastmrsg member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited November 2014
    Are you entirely sure glitter pocket squares aren't too much?  And that the men won't hate them?  I hate glitter and I'm a girl, so I can't imagine how guys feel about it.

How about a muted, subtle metallic jacquard or subtle plaid with the color silver in it?  Or something with a subtle lurex thread?  Something gunmetal gray?  Or something solid and simple.
  • Thanks for the help! And I'm pretty sure about it. The bridesmaid are doing glittery sparkle silver dresses. It is NYE so it has to have a little more flash than usual. Also they have dark grey suits, so anything that is grey will just be washed out. I'm considering blue (since I'll have a royal blue dress) but haven't totally decided
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards