Connecticut

Married with Vendor Reviews

Hoping this information can help other brides.  We were married 11/14/14 at the Inn at Middletown and everything was wonderful!  I do not have pictures back yet from our photographer so I am going to hold off on that review for now. 

Ceremony and Reception:  Inn at Middletown, Middletown CT.  A+++. Our sales manager Katelin was top-notch.  She quickly answered all of my e-mails and all we had to do was drop off all of our stuff (favors, table numbers, etc.) at our final walk-through and she and her team handled everything else. The venue itself is beautiful and everyone we encountered there was friendly and happy to help us. Danielle the banquet manager also deserves a shout-out.  She was incredible and kept the event moving smoothly.  The pricing was also very reasonable and we all had a TON of great food.  Our guests partied the night away after the reception at the bar downstairs. I can't say enough great things about the Inn and the staff.

Officiant: Drew Cucuzza, Justice of the Peace, A+++.  Drew was super attentive and very helpful in making our ceremony perfect for us (we wanted it short and sweet and to exchange some brief personal vows and he was happy to put that together).  He answered e-mails promptly and I highly recommend him to anyone needing an officiant. 

DJ: Hollywood Enterprises, A+++.  Angelo and his team were great.  They had our guests (including my 86 year old grandfather who uses a cane and my mother who had a broken foot) out on the dance floor all night long.  The dance floor was never empty and the music was always appropriate and never cheesy.  His announcements and commentary were great in keeping the event flowing and keeping guests involved. It was so fun to come home from our honeymoon and see that his team had taken some great photos and videos of the reception. It was a really nice unexpected treat and we appreciate it. Angelo and his team were easy to work with, enthusiastic, and nothing we asked for was ever a problem or a challenge.  When our ceremony ran way shorter than expected he was right on top of it with the recessional music because Angelo and his team are always on their game. Highly recommend (and the pricing is almost too good to be true!). 

Hair and Makeup, L'Elegance Salon in Hamden. A+++.  I was originally going to DIY hair and makeup and decided 3 weeks before the wedding to let someone else deal with it.  Trisha and the team at L'Elegance didn't try to force me into a trial (that I didn't have time for), and they were so excited when I asked if they could get myself, my mother, and 2 bridesmaids in for the wedding on such short notice.  They accommodated us and made it such a fun morning for all of us.  We looked fantastic- my hair and makeup held up all night with zero retouching. I love, love, love this salon and now they are my go-to for all services. 

Cake, Sweet Harmony, Middletown. A+++.  By far the BEST wedding cake I have ever tasted. Guests came up to us to say the same.  We had a simple white cake with buttercream frosting and a layer of chocolate ganache.  I am still thinking about it over a week later.  Sweet Harmony's cake was included with our package at the venue.  They were helpful and we met with Tran the baker who promised if we could dream it, she could bake it. Cake wasn't a hugely important decision to us, so I showed her one or two pictures and she said "okay so you want dots." That was good enough for us and we didn't give it another thought until the cake arrived.  We were having pictures as they walked in to deliver the cake and it was so perfect I actually gasped. It was simple, with dots, and exactly what I imagined. Tran and the Sweet Harmony Bakery might just have a magic crystal ball.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Married with Vendor Reviews

• omg i love sweet harmony they have amazing hot chocolate i have yet to try anything else other than cookies which were good 
  • Everything we've had there (muffins, sandwiches, various cups of coffee and tea) have been awesome. That cake was to die for. We're considering ordering a small one just to have for dessert on a special occasion. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congratulations!  So glad you had a great day - and thank you for vendor reviews!  When I got married they were so helpful to me and I wish more girls here came back and did them.
  • @CTYankeeBride

We've talked about the Inn together before! We went for another visit this past weekend. Looking at December 2016 for a wedding date after FI lost his job. :( 

Drew is actually one of our good friends and will probably be a guest at our wedding! Small world.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • CTYankeeBrideCTYankeeBride member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2014
    It is a small world!!   

Drew is a family friend- he's known my stepfather since forever, and he is the sweetest.  He did a great job with our wedding, I was thrilled he could be both our officiant and our guest. I feel like everywhere I go, someone knows him (he should run for mayor!!).

ETA (post-wedding brain): sorry to hear about your FI. December 2016 will be here before you know it.  It's smart that you're willing to wait a little and not stretch your non-wedding finances too thin.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards