Oregon

inexpensive outdoor ceremony/reception

Hello all,
My fiance and I are planning a wedding for summer of 2014 with about 100 people. We are trying to do the whole thing for about $ 5000. After tweeking my budget on the knot, I have 1800 to spend on a venue, tables, chairs and linens. My fiance doesn't want a public park because of the lack of privacy. I don't even know if it is possible to fine a venue that will fit into my budget, and am getting a little down. Do you know of any inexpensive but still nice venues in the salem-ish area?
Thanks a bunch
Grace

Re: inexpensive outdoor ceremony/reception

• I know you're looking for the Salem area but the Marshall House @ Fort Vancouver is lovely and comes under your budget.  http://www.fortvan.org/index.php/item/marshall-house-2.html

Their rate to rent 3 rooms and the grounds of the house for 7 hours is $1100.  They allow outside alcohol but you have to hire a bartender to serve.  They provide some tables and chairs but you would need to rent your chairs for the ceremony.  If you google marshall house weddings vancouver you'll run into several wedding pictures of other couples to give you a good idea on how lovely it can be.  Good luck and congrats!
  • If you're doing the Portland area, we'll be doing ours at the World Forestry Center. It is a bit over your budget ($2400 total) but you can do ceremony and reception there, it's easy access via Trimet, a cool building, and they'll provide lots of the tables, chairs, etc. Also has lots of beautiful photo opps nearby.

This was the least expensive in town that we found other than a public park. The best option, really, is finding a friend or acquaintance willing to let you use their private property!
  • If you are in the Portland Area I just looked at the Abernathy Center, it is beautiful and exactly 1800 dollars...includes.. all tabels chairs..etc. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards