Chit Chat

Any big plans today or this weekend?

2»

Re: Any big plans today or this weekend?

• ohannabelleohannabelle member
    First Answer First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its
    edited November 2014

plainjane0415 said:
    plainjane0415 said: I'm going to try my wedding dress on for the first time tomorrow!  It came in last week!!! I'm so nervous/excited/happy... After that, mom and I will probably shop some since the dress store I got it at is next to the mall ***score*** AW Moment.... and update... I met my dress today!

SIB

So really pretty! You have a very sneaky screen name, because you are so not a Plain Jane
  • I am fighting with my Christmas decorations. Remember that "What's weird in your house?" thread?
    My fireplace is weird. 

It doesn't have a proper mantle. It is some stupid mid century modern design thing, where there is a big seat level slab of granite bench you sit on, and then above the fireplace are two weird little asymmetrical moderne shelves jutting out. Stupid. I usually hang a big tapestry in front of them, kind of bucolic French countryside antique looking thing, and done. No ugly shelves.

So, Christmas. I found my old sled, which I guess is now an antique (God God) and it just slatted in perfectly over the shelves, yay! 
    But it's just almost working. Almost. Because it has more of an "Americana" feel than I like, and lacking an Annabelle element, if that makes sense. I've hung leafy garland, and then frosted garland, red ribbons, then striped, then white. Ribbon on, ribbon off. Ornaments on, ornaments off. Garland on, garland off. Vintage gift tag on. I just can't quite figure out what it needs. Something. 

Right now, it feels kind of Joann's fabrics, which isn't my look. Aaaaaaaargh. I want this damned sled to work. 

• I'm going to try my wedding dress on for the first time tomorrow!  It came in last week!!! I'm so nervous/excited/happy... After that, mom and I will probably shop some since the dress store I got it at is next to the mall ***score***
    AW Moment.... and update... I met my dress today!

SIB

So really pretty! You have a very sneaky screen name, because you are so not a Plain Jane.
    Thank you! In everyday life, I'm pretty "plain" in wedding life, I'm all sparkly. 
  • @plainjane0415‌ You and your dress are beautiful!
  • @plainjane0415‌ You and your dress are beautiful!
    Thank you!  I can't wait to wear it!
  • We went to see Martina McBride in concert last night - she's AMAZING live.  We were 4 rows back, which was awesome!  Today we are chilling - might go see Mockingjay.

• My kids had volleyball playoffs this weekend.  They played so well and came 4th in the city.  I'm happy with that, since they didn't win a game last year (not me coaching).  I'm still in bed, but it is still morning here.  I would have been up already, but DH got called into work and I'm too lazy to get up even though I really want breakfast.  So much effort!!  I spent the last few days shovelling out of this shit show of snow.  

• Sugargirl1019Sugargirl1019 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited November 2014
    DH and I have today off, so we are spending today together. We're going window shopping together for refrigerators.

We have carpet and appliances in our house!

image   image   image

• amelisha said:
    Ha! yea. You just learn to layer and deal with it. I was shovelling my walk at 7am this morning before work and I was pretty miserable. It's all in the wind! So it kind of burns your skin?? 

We get temperatures like this and worse a lot in January. That's when you really have to buckle down. Last January we got into the -50's. for a couple days, it was brutal. Cars have to be plugged in all day and I usually start mine twice throughout work and let it run for a couple minutes.

If we weren't hardy we would never get to leave the house! I would love to hibernate from Mid November to February!!!!
    What she said. It's not fun or anything, @beethery, but it's not as bad as it sounds unless the wind is up and your face isn't covered (and in that case, yeah, it's that bad and worse.) 

My girlfriends and I had a long iMessage convo this morning about all the outdoor things we can do now that there's so much snow, though - we've planning for cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, tobogganing, and skating before Christmas and a regular ski trip over Christmas break. If you live with this much snow and these kind of temperatures you have to learn to make it fun or it's a long, cold, dark (literally...I walk to work in the dark and walk home in the dark at this time of year and I work normal office hours) winter. 

I'm actually a huge princess about being cold, but I still walk 15 blocks to work every day even in --40 and beyond. I just dress appropriately for the weather and wear winter boots, ski pants, ski jacket, scarf over my face, toque, hood over all that, and thick leather/downfilled mittens. 

@SoontobeMrsKlein, I hope FI has a safe drive. I'm sure you've heard about all the bad accidents and cars in the ditch around Edmonton today, and I bet it's worse on those scary northern highways so I'm glad he decided to wait until the snow slows down a bit. Playing it super safe is never a bad thing with the first big snow dump of the year.
    Ah the good old Canadian days...ain't missing them nope, but when you're bundled up like a penguin in a jacket, you barely feel the cold in those -30C weather. Your face however....oh boy.

We were in Plymouth for the weekend, visiting my FI's grand parents. Pizza Saturday night and good stroll on the English moors in Sunday morning followed by a good roast. I found some lovely marmalade and clotted cream biscuits to bring back for my dad in Mauritius. I never felt so English in my life lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards