Chit Chat
Options

NWR - I got a job!

So this week has been particularly stressful. My dad was scheduled for back surgery on Wednesday with a slight possibility of paralysis, so I've been freaking out about that. He's ok now, back home and really sore, but he'll be ok. On Tuesday I got a phone call to set up an interview for today. It's in a different district than what I'm working for now, and it's essentially the same position, just on a full time basis. As if I didn't have enough to worry about this week, I now had to study and stress over an interview. This morning before I left I was nearly having a panic attack as I don't interview well. Well I get there and the only question they ask is "tell me about yourself". They told me that since I'm already in the position on a part time basis they already know I'm capable, and offered me the job!! I'm excited but apprehensive. Technically I'll be making less money because as a part timer I get pay in lieu of vacation and benefits, and now I'll get those instead of the pay. But it's steady pay, steady hours, paid vacation, benefits.... All great things!! And I stressed out over nothing!! Just had to share.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: NWR - I got a job!

• Options
    Great news! Congrats :D
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sweet! Congrats!

• Options
    Congrats!
    Anniversary

• Options
    Congrats!! And IMO, as long as your bills are paid and you're okay financially, you really can't put a price on vacation days. FI doesn't get them or sick leave and it succcckkkkkssss. Do you know when you start full time yet?
    Anniversary

• Options
    Yay! Congrats!!!!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    Congrats!! So happy for you! And "Tell me about yourself" is actually not a super easy interview question so good work. And good work on proving how great you are in your current job. AND YAY that your dad will be okay! What an awesome day!
  • Options
    Yay for having a job! Congrats!

image   image   image

• Options
    Congratulations! And I'm glad your dad is doing well.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Thanks everyone! The more I think about the job, the more I find it bittersweet. It's a great opportunity and it's certainly a good career move, but you get comfortable where you are and part of me is afraid of the learning curve. 

@theycallmelinz It will be great to have paid vacation days, especially around the wedding. And being full-time gives me a much better maternity leave option, which will be fantastic when the time comes. I do lose about 20% of my take home pay though, and that's a lot when we're planning a wedding and I'm paying tuition on top of every day bills. I will have guaranteed 40 hours a week though, whereas before it was anywhere between 20-40, so it may all even out. We'll make it work. I should be starting in a couple weeks, once HR has time to sort out the paperwork. 

@Ic07 I actually feel like Tell me about Yourself is the hardest question. The way I blank when they ask it, you'd think I just sit in an empty room and stare at the walls all day long. 

Thanks for the kind comments about my dad. We're all just happy that he's going to be ok. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations!!  I am so happy that your dad is going to be okay as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards