Chit Chat
Options

I did it!!! Now doubting myself

edited November 2014 in Chit Chat
I bought FI's wedding band today. I was SUPER excited, this was one of the few things that has really made this real for me.

Now I'm having doubts: that I got the wrong size. We went to have him sized last weekend, and I'm 99% sure he was a size 14. I got tungsten which I know can't be resized, but he needed something really sturdy because of the kind of work he does. Now I'm freaking out that maybe my mind stopped working and I got the wrong size. I had to order it and it won't be in until later next week. What the FUCK am I gonna do if this $260 ring doesn't fit?!? Ahhhhhhh!!
Anniversary

Re: I did it!!! Now doubting myself

• Options
    You can't return it? Everywhere I looked when we were trying to order our bands had a return policy of some kind.

My FI has absurdly narrow fingers for a man and we were POSITIVE we ordered the right size in a meteorite band (can't be resized), but when we got it, it was half a size too big still. So we did have to pay (exorbitant) shipping back for the exchange (it was international) but they had no problem doing it, anyway. So the ring ended up costing 50% more than I expected but it was still way cheaper than buying it at a jewelers in the city, so oh well.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Okay in my panicking I hadn't even thought of that haha. The guy in the store went on and on about guarantees and all that fun stuff, I'm sure they will probably let us exchange it, even if I need to pay a fee or something.
    Anniversary

• Options
    Give them a call if you're worried but I think that (as you bought it in a store and won't have to ship it back yourself) the worst they'll likely charge is a restocking fee if it's a size they don't normally carry in the shop, and I think even that is unlikely.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Have him try it on. If it doesn't fit, see about exchanging it.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    AddieCake said:
    Ditto.  My DH picked out his own band and tried it on.  Heck, he may have even paid for it.  (There is no his and hers money for us).
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    JoanE2012 said:

AddieCake said:

Ditto.  My DH picked out his own band and tried it on.  Heck, he may have even paid for it.  (There is no his and hers money for us).
    -----------------------------------
    I'm on my phone and boxes don't work

Yeah we have our money together. I just wanted to pick out his ring since he picked out my E-ring and band (they were a set) and I want to surprise him with it. I'll definitely have him try it on when it comes in.
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards