Snarky Brides
Options

Transportation will be provided

peachy13peachy13 member
First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
edited December 2014 in Snarky Brides
This is actually kind of funny now that I'm thinking of it. I went to a wedding over the weekend that promised transportation for guests on an insert of the invitation. "Transportation will be provided." Awesome, since I plan to drink heavily, and since the hotel is about a 30 min drive from the venue.

We checked in, and the concierge had no flipping clue what transportation we spoke of. "Oh, there was a shuttle that picked the bridal party up an hour ago, is that the one you want?" Well, since I'm checking in an hour and a half before ceremony start time and I'm in sweats.... no, but thanks? She said she knew nothing about a shuttle for the guests, but that she could do us the favor of calling us a cab. Meanwhile, I was thinking that *maybe* there would be a welcome bag in our guest room with transportation deets. Wrong... no deets, no bag. And I wasn't about to call up the B&G and ask them what time the shuttle left the hotel and for other details, pretty sure they had other things going on at the time. 

So we cabbed it. $50. AND WE WERE BEHIND THE FREAKING SHUTTLE THE ENTIRE TIME AND THERE WERE 2 PEOPLE ON IT. So most of the wedding guests planned for there to be transportation, but didn't use it/know info about its departure time (except those 2 lucky son of a guns) and had to find a new way to the venue. Meanwhile the B&G paid for the transportation only to have those 2 bastards use it. What a friggin waste, but it was kind of funny -- but not for my FI who paid for the cab and then had to make it count by having some drinks from the pricey cash bar all night. Good times! 
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Transportation will be provided

• Options
    That. SUCKS. 

Happy couples should always remember to provide the front desk at least with paper info sheets with pick-up and drop-off times.  Yowza!

• Options
    Wow.  I have no words.

Communication fail.  

• Options
    Ouch. We had a similar transportation fail happen once when we were at a wedding on Staten Island. We were told transportation would be provided and what time the shuttle would leave the hotel - an hour before ceremony start time due to traffic. At about 50 minutes to start time, one of the other 20 or so guests in the lobby finally got ahold of someone at the front desk about the missing transportation. Turns out, there was a clerical error - they only inputed into the system that a shuttle was needed after the ceremony - for some reason, they forgot to put in that one was needed to take guests there. So we all hopped in random other guests' cars to get to the church, as we were a bunch of OOTers that didn't have cars. And the kicker? The shuttle never showed afterwards either, because the person at the front desk cancelled it. Le sigh.
  • Options
    OMG that is horrible.  Stories like this make me SO happy that the 3 hotel blocks we have are maximum 1.5 blocks from my venue haha
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    That's crazy! 

I had a similar situation happen once. I went to a wedding with my ex. He was a groomsman in the wedding, so I had to catch the shuttle by myself. I literally knew NO ONE. Not one single guest. I went to the front desk to ask about the shuttle, and they were totally unhelpful. They said it left 10 minutes ago and would maybe be back in 10 minutes, but they weren't sure. I sat in the lobby, and about 30 seconds later, I see a shuttle pull away. When I went back up to the front desk to ask if that was the shuttle to the venue I was going to, they said, "Oh yeah. That was probably it. Sorry!" After about 20 minutes, the shuttle came back for just me. And I rode by myself to the venue, and was late to the ceremony. Awesome. 
  • Options
    That's crazy! 

I had a similar situation happen once. I went to a wedding with my ex. He was a groomsman in the wedding, so I had to catch the shuttle by myself. I literally knew NO ONE. Not one single guest. I went to the front desk to ask about the shuttle, and they were totally unhelpful. They said it left 10 minutes ago and would maybe be back in 10 minutes, but they weren't sure. I sat in the lobby, and about 30 seconds later, I see a shuttle pull away. When I went back up to the front desk to ask if that was the shuttle to the venue I was going to, they said, "Oh yeah. That was probably it. Sorry!" After about 20 minutes, the shuttle came back for just me. And I rode by myself to the venue, and was late to the ceremony. Awesome. 
    omg!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options

I went to a wedding a couple years ago where the shuttle took way longer than expected.  The venue was like 45 minutes away from the hotel, but somehow the bride thought it would only take 20 minutes.  There were two pickup times, and the shuttle was late for pickup #1.  So by the time the shuttle went back to the hotel for pikcup #2, it was close to an hour late already, and those guests were over an hour late for the ceremony time.  The bride decided not to postpone the ceremony more than about 45 minutes, so all of these people who traveled to the hotel, bought a gift, got dressed and were ready for the shuttle on time MISSED MOST OF THE CEREMONY!  Luckily I was on shuttle #1, but I would have been livid if I was on time and ready, due to the bride's poor planning, I missed the ceremony.  It was also super distracting when the shuttle #2 people arrived about 3/4 of the way through the ceremony.

• Options
    We went to a wedding over the summer where busses were provided. My friend got very ill mid cocktail hour. As in vomiting uncontrollably. We had to take the first shuttle back (which was barely after dinner, so very early. But it was our first option to get her out of there). We got on the bus to leave and the driver refused to leave on time. My friend is now puking in the bus bathroom. He finally leaves and takes us to the hotel. It's just the 4 of us (me, friend, and both our husbands) 

But, apparently because he refused to leave on time, there wasn't time for him to run the 2nd shuttle and get back before the final shuttle. So he didn't. All the old people that wanted to take the first one (but didn't get on the bus at the time it was supposed to leave...or in the 10-15 extra minutes we waited!) got mad and sat on the bus for over an hour until the final shuttle left in protest. Mature.
  • Options
    I went to a wedding last summer for my old bosses daughter.  The shuttle was full, most everyone was on, but it wasn't going anywhere.  Someone finally told us why.  The MOB and her date (my boss) was late getting to the hotel (there was a pretty bad thunderstorm and the church was far from the reception venue / hotel location) and had asked if the hotel would hold the shuttle since it was the last one for their booking / reservation.

Annoying, but I knew they wouldn't start the reception w/o the MOB, so no bid deal.  UNTIL at the end of the night, my fiance and I wanted to catch the first shuttle back to the hotel around 11pm and we were waiting and waiting and waiting and it never showed. 

Hotel cancelled one of the return shuttles because of the MOB making the departure shuttle wait.  It was frustrating and we had no idea until we got on the shuttle and asked what the delay reason was.

The primary hotel I'm booked with is 1.5 blocks away, no transportation needed; thankfully. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards