Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Alter illusion neckline?

Hi! Does anyone know if you can alter a mesh illusion neckline? A dress I am considering (Watters Jacinda) has an illusion neckline that comes up quite high. I would ideally want to turn the mesh neckline into a v-neck, but I am thinking that altering mesh might not be an easy task. Has anyone had any experience with this? I clearly have zero alterations knowledge.... Thanks a million!

Re: Alter illusion neckline?

• Options
    I am no sewing expert, but that illusion neckline seems like it would be pretty easy to alter.  The seamstress would just cut the neckline to your desired shape and then sew a new hem to have a finished edge.  Since there won't be any movement of lace or beads or what not it should be relatively easy and not that super expensive.

But to be absolutely sure I would talk to a seamstress that you trust and is experienced to see what is and is not possible.

• Options
    I'm a seamstress and I agree with Maggie. I can't tell exactly what the fabric is, but it should be okay. Like she said though, check with a seamstress in your area.
  • Options
    Gorgeous gown! Maybe you could ask for a special order to customize the neck as I'd bet they've had this request before. It may not be cost effective though.
  • Options
    Thank you all so much!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards