Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

10.12.14 reviews - skyline terrace, harmony, culinary pros and more!

Holy Moly I’m a married lady!! Thanks to everyone at this msg board for helping me plan my wedding whether you knew it or not. I relied so heavily on the reviews of others I am eternally grateful to you all. Here’s my reviews for MGM, MGM skyline terrace suite, keith Kaplan, harmony medina, faithfully yours, culinary pros, sin city cupcakes, glitter lens photography, and hash house a go go.

MGM: c

We stayed at the mgm for the entire duration of our wedding week. It was crucial for us to stay close to our suite since we had it rented for only the day of our wedding (will review separately). Our initial room was horrible. It was like a studio apartment with an open bathroom that hid from the bed behind a wall. It was very awkward. This was not how I saw my week going. We ended up calling the front desk and getting upgraded (we paid for it). They sent us a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. Our new room was in the remodeled grand towers – the other rooms looked like a jail. If you are going to stay at the MGM I highly recommend the signature – attached to the same property. Our parents stayed there and they had a balcony overlooking the MGM pools, a Jacuzzi tub, two bathrooms, full kitchen, and a much bigger space. It was much more costly – I wish we had upgraded to this. Overall it wasn’t a highly romantic room and nothing super exciting – but it served its purpose. SLS – the new property by the stratosphere will be where we stay next time.

Skyline Terrace Suite @ MGM grand: B

This was everything I wanted. I am so glad I stuck with my decision. There wasn’t too much information about this particular suite so I was very nervous about pulling off our insuite ceremony and reception. We had no issues with security or getting liquor up to the room. We were able to check in right around three so while my bridesmaids got hair and make up done we all took turns “weddifying” the suite. The boys moved ice and liquor. We did a lot of running back and forth but were never questioned. Staying in the same hotel helped out soooo much. The view was everything. I was concerned about space but my 30 guests never felt cramped. It was perfect. The bed was super comfy and we had a Jacuzzi tube and ridiculous shower with like 8 heads (felt like a water park). We had some issues with electricity that maintenance never came to fix (would have made this an A+). Luckily I brought my Ihome just in case and we were able to still party and dance.

Harmony Medina: A+

What a sweetheart! Harmony was great. She arrived on time and immediately felt like a friend. She was great with us. I am a little indecisive and was very laid back on my wedding day but she was great at trying to help me decide how I wanted my hair done. My bridesmaids and myself all have very different styles and she was able to adapt to all of us and make us look cohesive while not making us feel like we weren’t ourselves. One of my bridesmaids even ended up wanting her hair changed at the last minute and Harmony was great about it. You can tell she really cares about what she’s doing and wanting everyone to feel like the best version of themselves! I am really fortunate that she wasn’t booked. Everyone complimented me on my hair and I felt so pretty! She really helped me feel comfortable and at ease even though it was pretty hectic when I was getting ready because everyone was still trying to move things upstairs.

Faithfully yours:  C

I had read so many good things about Faith being a lifesaver at people’s weddings. I don’t know if she just didn’t like me and my group (we are an eclectic group with tattoos and big personalities –I had bright pink hair) but I just don’t have many positive things to say. We asked her to help us get ice at one point and she made it seem like I asked her to carry me piggy back style up and down the strip. I ended up having to ask my bartender to get more ice (we had emptied out all the machines). She did go and get the in n out burgers like I asked (she forgot the fries) but I don’t really feel like she did much else. I had to ask her to contact the rest of my vendors a few times before she actually did. She did help tape up some stuff but I never felt like a priority to her until it was time for me to pay her the other half of what I owed.  She made me feel pretty crappy – like everything I asked her to help me do was preposterous. I’d give her a F but then I’d feel bad again. Maybe day of coordination isn’t what she’s good at.

Culinary Pros: A++++

Thank god for culinary pros and I’m not even religious. My original bartending company disappeared a few weeks before my wedding so I emailed culinary pros with fingers crossed. They were so great. Responded quickly and then called me when I landed in Vegas to let me know Lisa would be my bartender. Lisa herself then called me the day before to introduce herself and make herself available to me (which was great when I had to ask her to bring ice with her). Lisa is normally a wedding coordinator for culinary pros so I really lucked out. When she arrived she went above and beyond! Really taking the time to make me feel special – she always had my cocktail ready. She did a lot of things behind the scenes I didn’t even know about til the next day (like strategically placing water bottles by the bed – calling room service to pick up trash). She was so great. I am so thankful for her. She helped put my nerves at ease – once when I was concerned about noise and another time when she passed me a shot before walking down the aisle! J I cannot say enough good things about her. She’s experienced at what she does and I can’t even imagine how much more calm I would have been if she had been my coordinator from the get go. HIRE HER!!! Here's us in the photobooth!!!

Keith Kaplan Photography: A

Really easy to get a hold of and very responsive to emails. Keith was booked for my day but sent Dale S. in his place. What a kind man! Dale was fantastic. He was such a positive person he made everyone instantly comfortable – even my 1 year old god daughter! He captured such great moments and was genuinely someone you wanted to be around. Everyone loved him. He helped us with some poses. Captured some things I would have never even thought of. I didn’t have to ask him for things – he made sure to take certain pictures – like my cupcake display and dress and getting ready. I’m really thankful for him too. And he had digital photos ready for me when I got home and my cds were sent within a week!

Glitterlens Photography: A

Caitlin is really easy to work with. Very quick with email responses. She designed our photo strip and never got frustrated with my small changes. The photo booth was great! Like I said we had some electrical issues on the patio (where the photo booth was supposed to go) so we moved it inside. They even stayed longer for us and Cailtin offered to send me another copy of all the photos we took! I knew immediately I wanted a photo booth at my wedding and I’m so glad I got glitter lens!!

Hash House a Go Go @ the plaze: A+

Louise K. is a saint! We really wanted to get everyone together for a meal but was having such a hard time with schedules to do a dinner. So the next best thing – BRUNCH happened! Louise and I corresponded through a bajillion emails. She was so patient and wonderful. Louise set us up in the back dining area – by ourselves. When we arrived they were on a massive wait and we were able to sit down right away. We had two great servers taking care of all 30 of us. Everyone was amazed with the food and drinks!! So many instagram pictures of food!! Louise even stopped by twice – once to introduce herself and the next to make sure everything was great! The servers made myself and my husband feel like guests of honor – always taking our orders first and making sure our food came out first. It was really great. And souvenior cups!!!!!!!

Sin City Cupcakes: A

Great girls, great cupcakes (with a kick!). They made a point to contact me when I said I’d be in Vegas to confirm delivery times. I even kept adding to my order throughout my planning and they were awesome about it. We got a jumbo cupcake for our cake and cut that together. The cakes were all so delicious and moist. We snacked on them for the rest of the week!

If anyone has any questions about anything please feel free to message me. Like I said, reviews helped me so much during my planning process I will kindly do the same for anyone else.

Re: 10.12.14 reviews - skyline terrace, harmony, culinary pros and more!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards