Wisconsin
Options

hello

manandajmanandaj member
First Anniversary First Comment
edited December 2014 in Wisconsin
Hello everyone.

I got engaged early November and we are planning for a September 2015 wedding. I'm so overwhelmed. Where do I begin? I live in Green Bay and we are probably looking to have the wedding in Green Bay. We are on a budget. $5000....I know, not much. Anyone have ideas of good photographers and a nice reception place? i hear the Riverside is hit/miss with food.

luckily, I have a DJ in the family, a stylist, a baker, and some talented sewers, so I am getting my dress made for free, betting a discount on DJ, free hair/makeup, and discount on cupcakes/cake. My parents are doing the reception food and my mom is making invitations. My future FIL is footing the bill for drinks at the reception.

I just don't know where to start for the reception: do we cater, make our own stuff and set it out buffet-style, or find a reception hall? We are thinking of possibly Pamperin Park for the ceremony but I'm not sure it can accommodate the reception. I wanted a small wedding but my man's guest list is growing, so we are no longer just having close family and friends.

Also, how do I start finding an officiant? We are not religious.

Any tips, suggestions, help on how/where to get started?

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards