August 2015 Weddings
Options

Length of Reception

With a ceremony from 5-5:30 and cocktail hour from 5:30-6:30, we have the option of having our reception from 6:30-10:30 or paying a couple hundred dollars to extend it so it's 6:30-11:30.  I'm struggling with this decision because I know the day is going to fly and we'll probably want the extra hour of dancing, but I'm wondering if it's worth the money when we can just have an unofficial after party at a local bar.  Thoughts?

Re: Length of Reception

• Options
    Personally, I'd buy the more hours at the venue (and more hours of alcohol!) than having an after party. I could still stay with my family and friends who want to keep partying without having to take the time to travel in between. 

If our venue let us do extra hours we most definitely would! When I spoke with my FI about a potential after party he said no because he'd be really tired. I don't necessarily agree, but thought I'd throw it out there for you. 

Some things to consider about the after party: will you and FI pay for the drinks? How will people get there? What about out of towners without a form of transportation? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards