Illinois-Chicago

Chicago venues - fall 2015

Help! I'm newly engaged and would love a fall wedding in Chicago. A lot of the popular venues are already booked because we are late to the game! Any chance anyone can recommend some venues for 300 people in Chicago? We are getting desperate. :(

Thank you!

Re: Chicago venues - fall 2015

• Are you looking for something IN the city? Many of the larger hotels should have a ballroom large enough to accommodate that size. What is your budget? Will you need to have your ceremony performed at the venue as well? If you can give a few specifics, it will be easier to offer suggestions.
  • We would love something IN the city, West Loop, Fulton Market, etc.  Our budget is around $100,000.   Hotels seem to be all booked, but they would definitely be able to accommodate our size which is around 300-350.   Any unique venues that aren't as popular that you can think of?   The venue would just be for the reception as we would have the ceremony in a church. 

Thank you so much!
  • With your budget, you should have some flexibility.  Newberry Library?  Union Station?  Carnivale?  The Walnut Room?  Zed451?  I found this link, and I'm sure there are more......
    http://www.eventective.com/USA/Illinois/Chicago/Wedding-Receptions.html?f=783598

@wrigleyville, @thisismynickname, @KatWAG.......suggestions??
  • Hi there! My venue was definitely not big enough for 300 people, but what about the Park District? There are so many locations that could very well fit that. The art museum, Union Station (the Station for sure would fit 300-350), and Bridgeport Art Center come to mind as large places. 

Also, Chicago Style magazine has their wedding issue which has a grid of venues with sizes and approximate costs (not apples to apples though)--- http://www.modernluxury.com/brides-chicago

• Thanks for the tag @MobKaz

Newberry is too small for 300 people so is the Ivy room.

I would look at Harold Washington Library (my venue!) union station, field musuem, Adler (maybe?) chicago illmunating company, the rookery, carnival

Germania Place. It was huge and could work for you. But its an all inclusive type of place. Their catering, their cake, their flowers, etc.

Mid America Club (top of the aon building)

Hotels: The drake, sofitel, intercontintal, knickerbrocker, Swissotel (amazing views),

BabyFruit Ticker
  • KatWAG said:

Thanks for the tag @MobKaz

Newberry is too small for 300 people so is the Ivy room.

I would look at Harold Washington Library (my venue!) union station, field musuem, Adler (maybe?) chicago illmunating company, the rookery, carnival

Germania Place. It was huge and could work for you. But its an all inclusive type of place. Their catering, their cake, their flowers, etc.

Mid America Club (top of the aon building)

Hotels: The drake, sofitel, intercontintal, knickerbrocker, Swissotel (amazing views),

Thank you, KatWAG. This board has been a bit sluggish, and I am not well versed in city venues. I was hoping you wouldn't mind being "called out" to help a fellow Chicagoan. I know there are many more Chicago regulars....I think Bellaluna is also one.....but you three came to mind immediately.
  • Check out Adler Planetarium. You get incredible views of the skyline and Lake Michigan. I would have gotten married there if we'd had the budget for it.

Seated dinner w/ dance floor holds 325. :)

The Wolf Point Ballroom at the Holiday Inn (Merch Mart) will hold 300 for a seated dinner:

Once again, you'll get amazing views of the city.
  • The Adler really is a hidden gem and is beautiful; I also recommend the Shedd too, but I am not sure about the max capacity. Ditto what everyone else said :)

If you have fallen in love with a place and it is not available next Fall, I would really recommend moving your date. Most of your VIP (ie. photography and flowers) vendors are likely already booked for most of next Fall. Fall is the new Spring in terms of wedding popularity here.
    Anniversary
  • The Adler really is a hidden gem and is beautiful; I also recommend the Shedd too, but I am not sure about the max capacity. Ditto what everyone else said :)

If you have fallen in love with a place and it is not available next Fall, I would really recommend moving your date. Most of your VIP (ie. photography and flowers) vendors are likely already booked for most of next Fall. Fall is the new Spring in terms of wedding popularity here.
    The Shedd's max is 225.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We got married at the Adler almost two years ago and it was absolutely lovely.  The skyline pictures alone were beautiful (there isn't really a better view in Chicago).  The staff were a dream to work with and the food was amazing as well.  I recommend looking into it. 
  • Are you fussy if you get married on a Sunday? Maybe get in touch with the new Virgin Hotel. The Langham hotel or the University club would be so pretty. Try Lola Events in Bucktown they are lifesavers for this stuff.
  • We would love something IN the city, West Loop, Fulton Market, etc.  Our budget is around $100,000.   Hotels seem to be all booked, but they would definitely be able to accommodate our size which is around 300-350.   Any unique venues that aren't as popular that you can think of?   The venue would just be for the reception as we would have the ceremony in a church. 

Thank you so much!
    My cousin had a GORGEOUS wedding at the Aon Center. When I was little, another cousin of ours got married at the Harold Washington Library and that was really nice too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ooh, or what about a cruise like on the Oddysey? Navy Pier??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2015
    hicoco said:
    Ooh, or what about a cruise like on the Oddysey? Navy Pier??

The problem with a cruise is that no one canleave when they want to. You are trapped until the boat docks. And the food on those boats are always really gross
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards