Registry and Gift Forum

AmazonSmile

Hi! We are registered on Amazon.com, and I'd really like to take advantage of AmazonSmile for our wedding registry. Since AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way to support a charitable organization of our choice. However, when I drop in the AmazonSmile URL, the knot's redirect doesn't work. 

Does anyone know a work around? 

Re: AmazonSmile

• kbracken2 said:
    Hi! We are registered on Amazon.com, and I'd really like to take advantage of AmazonSmile for our wedding registry. Since AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way to support a charitable organization of our choice. However, when I drop in the AmazonSmile URL, the knot's redirect doesn't work. 

Does anyone know a work around? 
    I'm going to guess there is no work around, largely because you're Amazon Smile donation is tied to an individuals account. So, If I buy something for you, even if you have GenericNobdoyIsOffended Charity, since I'm buying on MY account, it will automatically give to my charity (Which happens to be Doctors Without Borders) Because it's account based, not link based. 

FWIW, if giving to a charity is important to you, just make a donation with cash gifts that you receive. I like Amazon smile cause I buy a shit ton from Amazon and I am lazy, but I realize that my charity might only be getting a dollar or less per transaction. 

Anniversary
  • And I chose not to participate with AmazonSmile because the one time I looked at it, I didn't like any of the charities I got to choose from.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards