Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

List of Photos

Hello fellow Knotties!

I am completely green when it comes to photography and the types of photos that I want or that there are available to me.  I understand the difference between photojournalistic and the group photos (I want a little of both).  However, I want to get a running list of possible photo-ops that I would like on the big day.  I know some people do "first looks" and that sort of thing.  Would you all like to share what types of shots you got for your wedding? 

Also, I'm having my dog be the ring bearer, so I know I definitely want some good shots with him included.  Anyone have any experience or advice on this?

Thank you!  And sorry if I'm not explaining things correctly.  As I said, I'm in the process of trying to research all of this, terms, etc.  I want to be prepared!

Re: List of Photos

• For us, the 'types' of photos were easy, because we chose a photographer whose style we liked and knew we wanted for our photos.  We did a first look, followed by immediate family and bridal party photos, and then we went off with just ourselves for a while.  After the ceremony, we did pictures with family including grandparents, and then went to the reception - she got pictures of the toasts, the dances, and then took candid pictures of our guests for a while.

The most work went into compiling a list of pictures for posed group shots, really, which I did and then passed on to her.  I basically started with a full side of the family, then added in the second half of the family, and took out the original family so we had pictures of both halves.  It actually worked really well, because it meant there was less going back and forth into the picture - if you were there, you stood for pictures for a few minutes, and then were done.  I can see if I can find that list and PM it to you, if you like.

**The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
  • @mrscomposer Thank you!  Thank sounds something along the lines of how I'm thinking to do it!  Yes, if you could find it, that'd be great.  Thanks again!!!
  • PM incoming :)
    **The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards