Registry and Gift Forum

Sound-off: Gift Cards

Hey Knotties!

Is registering for gift certificates a do or a don't? Let us know!

Thanks!

(12/22)

Re: Sound-off: Gift Cards

• Of course it's a don't.  If someone looks at your registry and everything left is too expensive for them, they can purchase you a gift card from that store to put towards the more expensive items.  You don't need to register for a gift card for people to realize it's a good gift.  It's the same as registering for cash.  Tacky.
  • I guess I'm confused about what you mean by "register" for gift cards. Like putting them on your registry in specific denominations as individual items (like 2 $50 gift cards, 1 $25 gift card, and 5 $10 gift cards)? When we registered that wasn't an option (at least not to my knowledge).

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Don't.

It seems awfully silly to register for gift cards.

Anniversary
  • While I don't usually mind getting them, it doesn't make sense to me to register for them instead of an actual gift from the store in question.
  • A definite don't.   Aside from the etiquette no-no, it's also dumb.   Of COURSE you can use money to places.   Even better, a guest could give you (gasp!) money! 
  • This gets my standard WTF. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I'm pretty sure a relatively intelligent person could browse for 20 seconds and find our opinions on this.

Like, I get that you're trying to keep the forum active, but it just sounds out-of-touch.
  • What's your opinion on this KR?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards