Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

In-suite wedding in Vegas XP on Las Vegas Board

The title pretty much says our plan.  We are getting married in a suite in Vegas.  There really isn't a real aisle for me to walk down, so I'm a little stumped at how we are going to get this deal started.  I don't really want to just appear from getting ready and be like "hey guys, let's do this."  Is anybody else planning a wedding like this?  What are you doing?

Re: In-suite wedding in Vegas XP on Las Vegas Board

• Options
    The title pretty much says our plan.  We are getting married in a suite in Vegas.  There really isn't a real aisle for me to walk down, so I'm a little stumped at how we are going to get this deal started.  I don't really want to just appear from getting ready and be like "hey guys, let's do this."  Is anybody else planning a wedding like this?  What are you doing?

So you are getting married in a hotel room? Can you enter from the hallway? Maybe rent the room next door to getready in?

I am very curious how this would work.  Where will you guests sit? Will your guests be able to hear your vows? How many people are you having? Will they be able to fit? How big is this suite? Will you have ceremony music? If so, how?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We are having about 20 people and the suite is a pretty nice size.  It's about 1500 square feet and most of the room is a common area.  There is a couch and some chairs and a dining table in the suite, which we can rearrange if we need to.  I don't see any problem with everyone fitting.  We are also doing cocktails and apps right after.  The suite has a sound system wired, so we will just have to plug in the good ol' iPod.  We haven't decided on ceremony music yet.  That depends on how we do the entrance.  I will probably enter from the bedroom.  Fiance is getting ready in another room we booked.  The room also has 1.5 bathrooms, so there will be a bathroom accessible without going into the bedroom.  Our photographer saw the room and thought it looked like a great space (it has floor to ceiling windows with a view of the strip).  
  • Options
    @wrigleybride (I think thats the username) had her wedding ni Vegas.  I believe she had the ceremony in a chapel, but their reception was in a suite.
  • Options

I'd move the furniture in the space to the side or into another room and rent chairs to create a classic look with an aisle. There should be a chair for eveyone during the ceremony and recption anyway.

"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • Options
    We are having about 20 people and the suite is a pretty nice size.  It's about 1500 square feet and most of the room is a common area.  There is a couch and some chairs and a dining table in the suite, which we can rearrange if we need to.  I don't see any problem with everyone fitting.  We are also doing cocktails and apps right after.  The suite has a sound system wired, so we will just have to plug in the good ol' iPod.  We haven't decided on ceremony music yet.  That depends on how we do the entrance.  I will probably enter from the bedroom.  Fiance is getting ready in another room we booked.  The room also has 1.5 bathrooms, so there will be a bathroom accessible without going into the bedroom.  Our photographer saw the room and thought it looked like a great space (it has floor to ceiling windows with a view of the strip).  

Can you ask that the other room be on the same floor or near by?  So when your fi is done getting ready he can come to the main suite and you can hang in his room until you are ready to make your entrance.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @wrigleyville tagged wrong username before
  • Options

I'd move the furniture in the space to the side or into another room and rent chairs to create a classic look with an aisle. There should be a chair for eveyone during the ceremony and recption anyway.

We are just having standing cocktails and apps in the suite.  We are also having a dinner somewhere else afterwards.  There will be enough room for about half the people to sit at a time.  We aren't too worried about the seating arrangements.  People know that it's sort of an informal deal.

KatWAG said:

Can you ask that the other room be on the same floor or near by?  So when your fi is done getting ready he can come to the main suite and you can hang in his room until you are ready to make your entrance.
    No.  These suites are in a different tower than our regular room.  I also don't want to get ready in the same room as him. 
  • Options

We are just having standing cocktails and apps in the suite.  We are also having a dinner somewhere else afterwards.  There will be enough room for about half the people to sit at a time.  We aren't too worried about the seating arrangements.  People know that it's sort of an informal deal.

KatWAG said:

No.  These suites are in a different tower than our regular room.  I also don't want to get ready in the same room as him. 
    Just because something is informal, it does not mean your guests should be uncomfortable.
  • Options
    aggiespartanaggiespartan member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Answer
    edited December 2014
    I doubt they will be uncomfortable.  I've been to plenty of weddings where the cocktail hour was standing, and amazingly, no one died, got dehydrated, or left because they were uncomfortable.  
  • Options
    I doubt they will be uncomfortable.  I've been to plenty of weddings where the cocktail hour was standing, and amazingly, no one died, got dehydrated, or left because they were uncomfortable.  
    Well, that's wonderful for you.  Perhaps people just did not complain because they knew to do so would be rude.  Responding to someone's rudeness and poor hosting by being rude is typically not done.  I'm glad you can anticipate the health and comfort of all your guests on your wedding day.  The bottom line is that it is rude not to provide a seating option for every guest. 
  • Options
    Fine.  I'm being rude.  Now that that has been established, perhaps we can move on to the topic I asked about.
  • Options
    You could enter from the bedroom and have everyone seated in the common area.

Also, renting additional seating is super cheap. We had 43 guests in the Vista Suite and rented chairs to ensure people were comfortable. Just because people have stood for an hour doesn't mean they should. I've stood for weddings and cocktail hour before and hated every second of it, but I didn't say anything to the B&G because, unlike them, I am not rude.
  • Options
    I'm really not that worried about it.  We haven't been in the suite, so we don't know exactly how much seating there is except from pictures, but another wedding in the same suite was featured on another website, with 20 people attending, not renting chairs, and they had no problems.  I believe they were even able to seat all 20 people in the room, although it appeared that they never had that many people sitting.  Again, I'm not worried about it.  If someone is that uncomfortable with the seating, they are certainly free to leave and rejoin us for dinner.  
  • Options
    I'm really not that worried about it.  We haven't been in the suite, so we don't know exactly how much seating there is except from pictures, but another wedding in the same suite was featured on another website, with 20 people attending, not renting chairs, and they had no problems.  I believe they were even able to seat all 20 people in the room, although it appeared that they never had that many people sitting.  Again, I'm not worried about it.  If someone is that uncomfortable with the seating, they are certainly free to leave and rejoin us for dinner.  
    Aren't you just the hostess with the mostess? 
  • Options
    For someone who is all over etiquette, your sarcasm certainly sounds quite rude to me.  

Thank you for your advice on how rude I am and how much guests are apparently going to hate our wedding.  There is really no need to continue telling me.  I understand that you think I'm a rude, horrible person. 

Again, if anyone has advice on my question, I would appreciate the input. 
  • Options
    People have given you advice (enter from the hall, enter from the bedroom, etc.). Renting chairs would not only ensure guests comfort, but like a PP said, it would help develop more of a traditional aisle for you to walk down.

I spent $2/each to rent white folding chairs for my wedding. If you can't be bothered to spend $40 to make sure your guests are comfortable, why don't you just elope and have a celebration (not a reception) at a later date?
  • Options
  • Options
    MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2014
    Deleted because I confused posters.
  • Options
    We had a ver small wedding (4 guests) and while my dad "walked me down the aisle", he really just walked me over to the alter.

I got ready with then-Fi and pre-ceremony we had champagne and appetizers. When it was time for the ceremony, our officiant just walked everyone (minus me and my dad who held back and finished our drinks) to the ceremony space (it was on the other side of the courtyard). A minute-ish later me and my dad walked over.

It was pretty informal but still gave the ritual feel that was important to my father.
  • Options
    For someone who is all over etiquette, your sarcasm certainly sounds quite rude to me.  

Thank you for your advice on how rude I am and how much guests are apparently going to hate our wedding.  There is really no need to continue telling me.  I understand that you think I'm a rude, horrible person. 

Again, if anyone has advice on my question, I would appreciate the input. 
    Believe it or not, sarcasm is not rude.  You know what is rude?  Treating your guests poorly.

• Options
    hellohkbhellohkb mod
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2014
    Please please please have seating. I have been a guest at a wedding and have been very uncomfortable standing. I just asked FH what he thought about this and his response was, "This couple is not a band and their ceremony is is not a concert. No one wants to stand to watch them get married."

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards