Nevada-Las Vegas

People doing in-suite ceremonies

How are starting your ceremonies?  Are you making some kind of aisle to walk down?  

Re: People doing in-suite ceremonies

• Our suite had a natural flow of space, which I'm sure yours will as well. My Hubby and I were in the master bedroom and came out from there, down the length of the room to were the dance area was set up. As you can see :-) Some of the pictures are blurry, these aren't the pros, just guest photos - We weren't hand in hand but, it worked for us
    Anniversary
  • So you guys walked out together instead of the whole you walking to him deal?  I guess we are just going to have to see what it looks like when we get there.
  • Yeah we totally walked out together :-)
    Anniversary
  • Interesting.  I think we've decided to be prepared for anything and make it a game time decision after we get in the suite and see the space.
  • jayjaayjayjaay member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2014
    Really? Bride and groom always walk out together here on the east coast. I don't think I've ever seen them walk out individual, meet, then walk out. That's nice too. We would have been hand in hand if it had not been a narrow aisle like that
    Anniversary
  • What I'm accustomed to is the groom waiting at the "alter" then the dad (or whoever) walks the bride out up to the groom and that's kind of the first look for the groom and bride.  I think that's the only way I've ever seen it done.  It's so funny how things vary so much regionally.
  • jayjaayjayjaay member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2014
    Oh wait, I'm sorry - I thought you meant for the reception! For the ceremony, My father walked me down the aisle to my groom.  I'm so sorry - I'm such a idiot!!
    Anniversary
  • We did something similar - I walked out of the bedroom and up to the area where my husband and our officiant were. My bridesmaids walked out before me as well - pretty traditional. Most hotels in Vegas will have floorplans of their rooms online, as long as you kind of seat your guests around the area you want to walk down, you should be able to have a processional.

We debated having an aisle runner or flower petals but decided in the end that an aisle runner would be too big and heavy to transport, and flower petals would create too much of a mess. I don't think anybody missed the traditional aisle decorations.
  • kellamity said:
    We did something similar - I walked out of the bedroom and up to the area where my husband and our officiant were. My bridesmaids walked out before me as well - pretty traditional. Most hotels in Vegas will have floorplans of their rooms online, as long as you kind of seat your guests around the area you want to walk down, you should be able to have a processional.

We debated having an aisle runner or flower petals but decided in the end that an aisle runner would be too big and heavy to transport, and flower petals would create too much of a mess. I don't think anybody missed the traditional aisle decorations.

• Good grief, give it up.  I know you think I'm rude for not having the same number of chairs as guests. 
  • Good grief, give it up.  I know you think I'm rude for not having the same number of chairs as guests. 
    Lots of people do, and I'm sure the guests who have to stand will too.

Instead of getting mad at her for pointing out an issue that affects your guests' comfort, perhaps you should take our suggestion of renting a few chairs? I don't understand why people retaliate when other people try to help them. 

As I stated on the other board, renting folding chairs is not expensive, and it's worth it. The hotel might even have some banquet chairs that you can borrow for free - that would be a win/win. Instead of continuing to stamp your foot, why don't you just call the hotel and ask?

We rented chairs for our reception the Vista Suite because making people stand, even for "just fifteen minutes" is rude, especially if they're wearing heels. And no, we aren't made of money. You don't have to be made of money to be a courteous, thoughtful host.
  • I'm more surprised that she has time to follow me from board to board than mad at her.  The amount of time people spend pointing out how much they disagree with someone on this site is what surprises me the most. 

That's great that you rented chairs.  We are not.  We have told many of our guests and they have quite frankly been surprised at the backlash on this site.  Different families and groups do different things.  Yes, they may be odd or "rude" to other groups, but that doesn't make it wrong.  Maybe it's wrong to you, but it is just fine with us, and our guests.  And no, they aren't just staying silent to be courteous. 

• aggiespartan I tried to PM you did it work?
    Anniversary
  • It shows that you sent me a message, but there's no message!
  • I tried again now it's working :-)
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards