Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Picture Thank You Cards

Hello brides of future and past....

I recently got married and I am now thinking about what the use as my thank you card.  I like the idea of using a picture from our photographer, but it is so hard just picking one.  Any recommendations on how many we can use on the thank you card without it being overkill?  Any examples of layouts would be appreciated too.

Thanks!

Re: Picture Thank You Cards

• Options
    The most important thing with Thank You cards is that you send them right away - not whether they have cute photos. Try to get them out no more than 3 weeks after the wedding.. 4 at the most.

If I were you, I'd go on Vistaprint CLICKY (or Wedding Paper Divas or Zazzle) and just find a template you like. I'd probably just pick something simple with one photo.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    The most important thing with Thank You cards is that you send them right away - not whether they have cute photos. Try to get them out no more than 3 weeks after the wedding.. 4 at the most.

If I were you, I'd go on Vistaprint CLICKY (or Wedding Paper Divas or Zazzle) and just find a template you like. I'd probably just pick something simple with one photo.
    This. I'd rather have a thank you card in a timely fashion than have one with a picture. Honestly, I don't need to see a picture. I was there. And I probably saw some pictures on social media too. 
  • Options
    Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2014

This. I'd rather have a thank you card in a timely fashion than have one with a picture. Honestly, I don't need to see a picture. I was there. And I probably saw some pictures on social media too. 
    All of this.  And sorry to say I don't keep thank you cards for very long so that oh so cute picture collage thank you card you designed and paid money for will just end up in the trash.

• Options
    Yeah, people don't really care whether the thank you card has a picture of you and your new groom.  They would rather be genuinely thanked in a timely fashion.  FI and I just ordered thank you notes to match our invitations so there's no delay and we can get them out for the gifts we received before the wedding.
  • Options
    If you do have pictures back already that you can use that's fine. But please also write the thank you to each individual guest on the back. My sister in law sent a picture card with just a generic "Thank you" printed on it and I thought it was super rude. She couldn't take the 10 seconds to write my name and thank me for the gift? I got another one of these once that was printed "thank you for sharing the day with us" and that was a little rude because the thank you isn't supposed to be for attending, it's supposed to be for the gift.

• Options
    I used just one, and ordered from weddingpaperdivas, which were quick to come in after I placed my order.  I too had a ton of great pictures I loved, but went with just one of us, head on so you can see both or faces.   
  • Options
    I have to be honest. I really don't get picture cards because I don't save them. Sorry, but when I get your card in the mail, I look, admire it, and promptly throw it away because I don't have much use for pro pics of you and don't like clutter.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Are you planning on getting the photo printed on a notecard with blank area for you to write?  Or a thank you with the text and photo pre-printed?

Pre-printed isn't good etiquette.  Thank you notes are supposed to be handwritten, not a one size fits all postcard you stick in an envelope and mail.
  • Options
    We had picture thank you cards.  We ordered through wedding paper divas.  We did the one photo option and it opened like a card where we wrote our thank you inside.  How long ago was your wedding?  Unless it was really recent AND you have photos you can use NOW, you should just go with generic.  
  • Options
    Having pictures is okay, but don't delay sending thank-you notes while you wait to receive the pictures and choose one for the notes. The notes need to go out ASAP.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards