Oregon

Oregon Law on Friend being ordained online

I want a friend to marry us but i know there are laws about it and if so where can i get my friend legitimately ordained

Re: Oregon Law on Friend being ordained online

• We are thinking the same thing, I'd didn't realize there could be laws about it.  I'm curious if someone else has done this in Oregon, I have a friend who did it in Washington and it didn't seem to be an issue.
  • Oregon recognizes internet ordination, no problem.  Use the universal Life Church.
  • Im so glad to hear they recognize that means one less cost i have to worry about
  • #31D on the marriage license required a name, address, and phone number of authorizing organization/congregation.  PO Boxes are not accepted.  Multnomah, Clackmas, Marion and Washington counties have told me it has to be a physical address, or it does not validate the license.  In the case of 'freelance' officiants, the home address may sometimes be considered  the 'authorized congregation' if the person runs their own home congregation.

• edited January 2012
    My fiance and his father have both received 'online ordination' and have had no issue legally marrying the couples they have. No worries!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards