Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Thoughts on bridal statement jewelry?

I would consider myself a little bit of an off-beat bride...I wear have worn a turquoise ring for as long as I can remember, and am toying with the idea of wearing a bold turquoise ring for my wedding, and by-passing a necklace or bracelet. I am getting so bored looking at all these  pearl bracelets and stuff, and I know I would absolutely never wear something like that again...I'm not one to wear a lot of bling...My earrings have a tiny bit of bling, but nothing crazy..
What do you guys plan to do for your bridal jewelry? Anyone else doing/or did do bold statement jewelry?

XO
A Colorado Bride

Re: Thoughts on bridal statement jewelry?

• I would consider myself a little bit of an off-beat bride...I wear have worn a turquoise ring for as long as I can remember, and am toying with the idea of wearing a bold turquoise ring for my wedding, and by-passing a necklace or bracelet. I am getting so bored looking at all these  pearl bracelets and stuff, and I know I would absolutely never wear something like that again...I'm not one to wear a lot of bling...My earrings have a tiny bit of bling, but nothing crazy..
    What do you guys plan to do for your bridal jewelry? Anyone else doing/or did do bold statement jewelry?

XO
    A Colorado Bride
    My daughter in law wore these accessories for her wedding. Her dress was tea length. The shoes and necklace were a bold mustard yellow. I had the ring made from some of my mom's old jewelry and the color was an incredible green. She rocked them all because it is who she is. Your wedding day should be about YOU.....not some look from a bridal book.
  • I agree, you shouldn't totally change who you are to fit the typical bridal image. If bold pieces are more you, then rock them out.
  • I originally wanted to do bold statement jewelry, but I felt it might overpower me. And it's not my every day style. But I really do adore the look on others. I say go for it! 
  • I wore a flashy dress so it would ahve been too much for me.

But with the right dress, I love it!!! Go for it. Your jewelry/ dress should reflect your style.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks ladies!!!
  • I agree. You should look like YOU only on your special day. It can be bold jewelry or no jewelry. I just wore a single diamond as a neck piece and it looked marvelous. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards