Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Cookie Swap

I am going to a Cookie Swap tonight with my mom.  We had to each make 6 dozen of a cookie to take.  What is proper etiquette for a hostess gift?  Should we still take something like a bottle of wine or something?

Re: Cookie Swap

• Options
    I went to one last weekend and brought a bottle of wine. That's my go-to hostess gift if I know the host(ess) drinks.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    Wine is a good bet for most hosts or hostesses.  However, if this is cookie swap was organized due to the time of year, bringing some Christmas chocolates or some type of holiday themed candy might be nice too, if you aren't sure how enthusiastic your host(ess) is on drinking.
  • Options
    A small bottle of coffee liqueur goes great with milk ...and COOKIES!
    So does Emmett's Irish Cream.

As a hostess, I appreciate having a variety of liquors including low proof liqueurs on hand when I have a lot more invited and unexpected company. Around the holidays, and winter afternoons and evenings when people come by the house rather than go far in bad weather. Rural snow country.
  • Options
    I agree with PPs, a bottle of wine is a great go-to gift (that's what I brought a friend recently who let us stay at her apartment for a night while we were in her town visiting). If your hostess doesn't drink (or isn't the type that a bottle of wine would be an appropriate gift), I saw some very cute gift baskets at Kohl's that contained things like some Ghiradelli chocolates, hot cocoa mix, peppermint sticks and a nice mug. They also had a Godiva one, I picked one of those up for my boss-boss (the owner, not her daughter that gives me all the headaches in the world). They ranged in price from $10-$25, which is comparable to the cost of a bottle of wine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards