Not Engaged Yet

How was your weekend?

Good Monday morning all!

How was everyone's weekend? Productive? Fun? A drinking-and-dancing party time (AHEM I'm looking at @swazzle @GoldenPenguin @Hummingbird125 and anyone else who went to @Buddysmom80 's wedding on Friday)?

My weekend was productive and not as crazy busy as I anticipated.

Friday night I started baking at let FI help me. He was about as helpful as a 3 year old. He mainly wanted to watch me cut out cookies, put waaaaay too many sprinkles on them, and then "test" every tray that came out of the oven. Ridiculous man lol

Saturday FI went to hockey and I slept in a bit. We couldn't go up to my cottage to pick up what we needed (owing to their 3 feet of snow, and all of the sheds at the marina being winterized and no one telling us we needed to arrange to out stall opened in advance!) so that made Saturday a lot less busy. We went to the mall right after breakfast when FI got back from hockey and finished up almost all of our shopping. FI just needs to pick up his dad's gift, I need 2 more stocking stuffers, and we have to figure out what the heck to get for his brother!! Any suggestions for a 30 year old male who likes cars, working out, hockey and football, and clothes that are too trendy for their own good? Oh, and who buys themselves everything they want??

We managed to get out of the mall before it got crazy (SUCCESS!!! I was shocked that it wasn't packed when we showed up) and then I spent the rest of the afternoon baking at the FIL's place. FSIL and her H and their son came over for a bit, and it was really nice to spend some downtime with FI's family. They all helped "test" the cookies too lol. Then Saturday night FI and I ordered pizza and watched the hockey game and I fell asleep on the couch. Perfection.

Sunday was church, then I rushed back downtown to go to the Christmas party at my grandma's retirement home (wild time). Then my parents and my sister came back up to FI's church with me for the church's Christmas music night. It went SO well and I was really happy for FI and everyone in their church's band; they've put in a ton of work over the last few months (especially the last couple of weeks) and it was great to see that all pay off. FIL's invited my family back to their place after for snacks and coffee and it was just a really nice evening. Made for a bit of a late night, so I'm sort of tired today. But it's my last full week of work before Christmas so I don't care!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: How was your weekend?

• It's cool, I know you don't care about me because I wasn't at some super cool fancy wedding. ;)

@lmcooper86 - That sounds like a great weekend! AND super productive.

I started off my weekend in a GREAT mood because I finally found a leather jacket for my bf's christmas present. It was 20 bucks over my ABSOLUTELY MAX LIMIT, but then I added it to my shopping cart to save it anyway, and it ended up being an extra 40% off! I decided to buy it right then and there, on my cell phone, and it turned out to be the very last one because they are no longer available! I want to link it, but my work computer is hating the source code button today. It's so sexy!

I hung out with my little sister, and I realized I don't really like her at this current age. I'll put up with it, but she's in a very selfish stage, and I wasn't super happy with her when she left. But we did some shopping and I ended up buying even MORE presents, even though I was officially done. But I found stuff people had to have. Not my fault.

On sunday I made cookies and apple pie moonshine. We also tried to make beer jelly, but as of this morning it's still liquid, so we don't have a lot of hope that we did it correctly.

• @lmcooper86, what's your budget and what are his favorite teams?

@alpacina, glad you had fun this weekend with the shopping and baking!

My weekend was fairly quiet. We had warm weather all weekend, then freezing drizzle last night and a clear quarter inch of ice on the cars again this morning. Since when did winter in the North mean ice, not snow?

Anyway, I finished my mom's scarf on Friday night and spent the rest of the weekend working on a pink blanket for inventory. I'll be happy when I'm no longer knitting for the shows/to sell and I'm more relaxed.

My fantasy football team went down in glorious flames yesterday because I was smart and thought I'd start Johnny Manziel instead of Colin Kaepernick, the Giants D instead of the Bills D ... basically I threw out any decisions that made sense and tanked my postseason. I fire myself as coach.
  • I mostly slept and relaxed, since I'm (still) fatigued from my infusion on Thursday (this is normal, just irritating). We didn't really clean the apartment because of my fatigue, and because J is still exhausted from working for 14 hours on Friday (and spending most of those 14 hours on his feet).

SUPER EXCITING WEEKEND.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @lmcooper86 - sounds like your weekend was as busy as mine!

Friday night - we had the cookie swap party at my house.  it was fun and I am trying to get rid of all the cookies now.  sent them with H to work!

Saturday - we ran a ton of errands in the morning, had Christmas dress rehearsal, and got dressed up to go to H's company holiday party.  it was a lot of fun...  about 5000 people were there, and they had a private Kelly Clarkson concert.  she was great!!

Sunday - we had our church Christmas drama.  I was a nervous wreck because I had to do a song by myself, and normally I sing with H.  it all went over well, except the guitarist kept playing the wrong chord!  afterwards, H and I went home.  he watched wrestling while I cooked up some chicken tortilla soup and read a book.

tonight, all I plan on doing is:  PIYO, cooking dinner, folding laundry while watching a Christmas movie. 

• This weekend was kind of busy I guess.

Saturday H and I went up to North Georgia to do shopping and dinner. We got started too late in the day to do a hike which was unfortunate because it was really beautiful outside!

On Sunday I met up with @southernpeach89 and our mom and we made Christmas cookies! I baked the snickerdoodles, and southern made the peanut butter cookies with a Hershey's kiss stuck in the middle and then we worked together to cut out shapes for the sugar cookies and then decorate them with icing and sprinkles. I also finished writing my first ever Christmas letter and got it printed out on pretty Christmas paper. I also got all of my Christmas card envelopes stuffed and addressed! I didn't have stamps so they are going out in the mail tomorrow!!

• @AlPacina - Oh please, you know I just want to hear about the pretty wedding. Glad you found a jacket under budget, that's awesome.

@KeptInStitches - Toronto Leafs and Dallas Cowboys, our budget is $100 max. I'm hoping we can come up with something to do with one of those teams. It's just frustrating because he just goes out and buys himself whatever he wants and screws everyone over lol.

@CocoBellaF - Sounds like you had a busy one too! I think I'm going to make those lemon cookies you posted for a cookie swap at our office this week, they sounded amazing! Glad your Christmas drama went well!

@LaPeanut1018 - I actually made cards this year for the first time, I was so happy with them! I went all out and bought special Christmas stamps this year, which meant waiting in a stupidly long post office line, but I think it was worth it, they looked so nice!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• We had a really busy weekend. On Friday my mom and I played hookie and went shopping. Every time we would go to check out of a store her total would be like $70 and mine would be $10 lol I didn't get much accomplished, but I got a good idea of what was out there.

Saturday H and I went out to finish the Christmas shopping. We ended up buying ourselves a super nice new computer chair. My back has been killing me editing from a rocker/glider meant for a nursery. We got almost everything done or ordered for Christmas, and only have a few small things to get still. So we're pleased about that. We came home and watched The Conjuring, gosh we love that movie! It scares the bejeesus out of me, plus we just love the way it's shot and put together.

Sunday we had church in the morning, and we went grocery shopping after that. I really really wanted to take a nap,  but by the time I got home and laid down, I just couldn't fall asleep. So I ended up getting up and editing the rest of the day while H watched football and obsessed over Fantasy playoffs.

Anyone else a Fantasy Widow?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @lmcooper86 I got mine at the UPS store this morning because I also had some packages to mail. They had these adorable gingerbread house ones left so I took those! They were sold out of the ones from the Rudolph movie and those would've been even better.

• @lmcooper86, I'm sure you've already checked NFLShop and the NHL shop, but maybe one of the collectibles? This one (link1) caught my eye from the NFL.

• @CocoBellaF - The party had a private KC concert? That's AWESOME! Did she sing Christmas music? I love a Christmas album of hers that I have.

• @ollie08 Not a Fantasy Widow--currently an Elder Scrolls one.
    Anniversary
  • The weekend was good, I'm still recovering from my long weekend.  4 shows- One Friday, two Saturday, one Sunday.  I didn't do much else really.  I have the day off today where I have to run a buttload of errands and catch up on a ton of stuff today.  It's a bit overwhelming actually.  My friend is here from Co to see family so I am doing lunch with her soon as well.

Anniversary

• @AlPacina - she sang some Christmas stuff, and some of her regular stuff.  it was about 2 hours long.

@allusive007 - I loooove your nursey stuff!!!  thanks for sharing!  :)
  • @allusive007 Eeee so exciting! What a sweet gift, too :)
    Anniversary
  • Hi Ladies!

This weekend was nice, for the most part. I got my hair done on Saturday morning, and BF and I put up the tree, put on some Christmas music, made wassail (alcoholic hot cider!), and wrapped presents. Later that night we celebrated our Christmas since it was our last weekend home before Christmas. We won't be back until January 4, so we decided to celebrate early. He loved his gifts, and he got me some awesome baking pans that I cannot wait to use. They are restaurant quality!

On Sunday, we slept in, and had a lazy morning. I went to the dentist to get two cavities filled (yes, my dentist is open on Sundays), which is never a pleasant experience, but it didn't seem too bad yesterday. Until the novocaine wore off. I have been in severe pain in my jaw, inner ears, and all the way up to my temples since about 8 pm last night. I didn't sleep well last night and took a sick day today as a result. I have never had this happen after a filling, so I don't know what is going on. I will probably call the dentist if the pain is still bad this afternoon.

• @aurorarose41 Eeek! Props to your dentist for being open on Sundays, but eesh! Hope the pain subsides SOON!

I have had the hiccups on and off all day and I'm trying to proctor an exam right now. Lolwhooops sorry students.
    Anniversary
  • Hi ladies!

Sounds like everyone had productive weekends. My weekend was filled with a million Christmas parties. Friday night was my neighborhood's annual Holly Tour, which is three beautifully decorated homes and catching up with neighbors. BF came, and since I live in a place where it's almost 100% families, he got asked how long we'd been married and how many kids we had, and he took it like a champ. 
    Saturday night was my dad's company party, which I've gone to almost every year since I was about 12, since as the owner's daughter I was required to make an appearance, and everyone brought their families. Now that the company is way bigger and has way more people, only the people in the top of the company get to bring a family member, so now I feel super awkward going. Next year I'm standing my ground and not going.
    Sunday was BF's neighborhood holiday party/garden club fundraiser. He's living at home right now, and his parents live in a super nice neighborhood on the water, and the homes on the tour had been redone recently and were GORGEOUS. We took notes for a someday house. Most of the houses had four or five trees, and were just absolutely stunning. They had silent auction items at each house, and BF ended up with a nice new set of golf balls. After, we helped his parents clean up all the items from the different houses, then went out for dinner.
    He and his brother are battling it out in Fantasy football-the family gets super into it, they've even got a championship belt, and BF REALLY wants it.
  • @phira thanks. I think they used a different anesthetic this time than in times past, and my family does not react well to certain anesthetics, so I think that is the main cause.

• eilis1228eilis1228 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2014
    Crazy busy day... probably a P&R. I suck, I know. :(

My weekend was INSANE! Friday we went and saw our friends K & N and their daughter L. L reminds me of Natalie Wood in Miracle on 34th Street. She's just so cute and well behaved and intelligent, and she's only 3. One of the local malls has this Christmas tradition of setting up model trains in an open storefront, so we went there and then checked out a gingerbread village in another part of the mall. After that we had dinner and gave them their presents, which was really fun. L's been really into puppets and Frozen, and I found these Frozen finger puppets for her that were friggin awesome. After dinner I came home and baked cookies until 1 am. I'm so over my kitchen right now.

On Saturday FI and I drove out to his grandparents house and spent some time with them. We raked a TON of leaves for them and visited with them for a few hours. His grandmother made us lunch, and his grandfather stayed up as long as possible to chat. We really enjoyed the visit, and his grandmother said that it really lifted his grandfather's spirits. His grandfather was a lot better than I thought he'd be. He's obviously is a great deal of pain and has trouble eating, but he's lucid and independently mobile (minus a walker), and he was still even cracking jokes with me. I'm so glad we were able to see them.  It was too wet outside to mulch the leaves, so FI may have to go back next month to do that:

Saturday night we did our Friendsmas dinner at our friends R and M's house. It was awesome! The food turned out great (soooo happy the lasagnas were tasty after all the trouble I went through getting the ingredients for them lol), and everyone had a genuinely good time. I got some really great gifts, too. R & M bought me a claddagh ring (I put it on the list for FI, but I think R & M got it without him knowing... and I don't think they understand what the ring stands for... but it was a really sweet gift), I got a few books and board games, and my friend E bought me a tea infuser shaped like the Titanic. It's so cool! I ended drinking waaaaaaaaaay too much, but I didn't get sick or have a bad hangover or anything. 

Sunday I slept in (obviously lol) and had some McDonald's to help settle my stomach after all the drinking. That afternoon FI and I drove out to our friend's F & V's house to do our Christmas exchange with them and our goddaughter. It was fun, but I found out some really disturbing things about their marriage that are still bugging me. I knew F had been emotionally unfaithful in the past, but apparently he had a full on affair with his step-sister this year, and he would take his daughter with him to his step-sister's apartment... F & V are going to work through these issues apparently, but the whole situation really disturbed me. My heart hurts for V. 

Sunday night I came home and made a green bean casserole for the work Christmas potluck lunch we had today, and then FI and I cleaned the apartment. It was starting to smell. :-\ 

Today's been crazy at work with the Christmas potluck, plus I got a new monitor because one of my monitors was out of commission. The new monitor is super fancy and huuuuuge, and I love it. I'm SO EFFING FULL from the potluck. I just want to nap... and go back for seconds on dessert. Why is sugar so addicting? 

Tonight I need to really clean the apartment. Like, clean the bathrooms, do a bunch of laundry, dust, wipe down counters, mop/vacuum... I don't want to be recovering in a dirty apartment. Plus, and let's be real here... this is probably the real reason I need to clean... I don't want my mom taking care of me in my dirty apartment. So yes, tonight will be filled with cleaning. Also, after dinner (if I even eat dinner at this point lol), FI and I need to go to the grocery store. No idea what to buy though... don't know if I'll have an appetite or be able to taste much while I recover, and I don't know if we need to cook or bake anything for family Christmas events next week. This should be interesting.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm kind of tired just from reading about everybody's weekend!

@allusive007 - The nursery stuff is gorgeous, and that's such a sweet gift!

@phira - I once proctored an exam in which my stomach wouldn't stop rumbling.  One of the students finished the exam, left, bought a candy bar from the vending machine in the hallway, and brought it to me.

My weekend was pretty crazy too.  Saturday I went for a run and then headed to the archives for my last day at that particular one.  I ended up finding more than I thought I would, and I was trying to race through all of it before they closed.  I got it done, but I was so stressed that my back was literally in knots.  I went to TJ Maxx and the used bookstore, then I went to the hookah cafe and smoked shisha and read a crappy paperback and just relaxed.

Yesterday I went to Mass and then drove the 6 hours to the next stop on the EPIC DISSERTATION ROAD-TRIP.  I like this stop, because both my grandparents and one of my sisters live here, so I can stay with them.  I got her last night and Granny had supper on the table and my sister and BIL were here so we caught up since I hadn't seen her since May.

I spent all day today speed-grading finals and getting my grades turned in before the deadline tomorrow.  I managed to get it done, so I'm going to go take a hot yoga class (my new obsession) and then go to my sister and BIL's place for dinner.  She's making "sweet potato barley hash," which I've never had but sounds like an excellent idea.  Tomorrow it's back to the libraries, but this particular part of the trip is very relaxed, so I'm not too stressed.  Hopefully I can get the research knocked out in 2 days and can have a little extra time to do a few other things I need to get done...job applications and cataloging the hundreds of photos I've taken of the documents I've found while I've been researching.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards