Wedding Woes

I have a Prudie today!

Q. Christmas Birthday: My birthday is on Christmas, and every year, I struggle with the feeling of being selfish for expecting to have some part of Christmas Day to celebrate my birthday. This year, there are two families to visit, about three hours away from each other, and we will be spending a lot of time in the car to appease both families demands that my partner and I be with them at Christmas. In this rush, I doubt there will be any time to celebrate a birthday, and I feel selfish even mentioning that I would want to. What do I do?

------------------------

Tell them all to suck it. I'm not even kidding on this one. I had to do all sorts of stupid crap on my birthday growing up, and I watched my brothers get to be little birthday tyrants every year. I couldn't even pick out my own clothes, yo. 

So I grew up and became the birthday tyrant. Even if our families were within driving distance, they'd have to come to us. If I felt like hosting. Maybe I'd just stay home and eat cake all day. Maybe I'd go to the movies. I don't have to plan, because it's my birthday, bitches. 

Re: I have a Prudie today!

• uh, yeah. fuck that - birthday, holiday, or not, you shouldn't have to drive all over creation to appease your demanding family. sounds like she needs to give the families a "ho sit down" card. 

• This seems to be one of the big issues of marriage. Holidays.

I say if you want to hit up both houses roll up with two birthday cakes, hats, a banner and pimp out your day, BM.

• We have no birthdays but DH and I decided when DS was born that we weren't driving anywhere on Christmas. That is our holiday together as a family and people can come to us if they want. Eff that.
  • We did the same the Pmeg. 
  • I've always wanted to do the same thing (as Pmeg and 6fsn), but then I'd have to actually clean my house around the holidays.  Ain't nobody got time for that.
  • I don't clean. I make it obvious that we are lazy slobs on Christmas day. We get up, open presents, eat breakfast and just snack and watch movies all day. If you come, you come knowing we are going to have a messy house and unkempt people.
  • I had an ex-B/F whose b-day is NYE.  He always complained about it.  So, every year, I made sure to get him a birthday cake, gift, and make the day more about him than about NYE.  We dated for three years.

Then on my birthday every year.  He would take me out to dinner.  NEVER a gift.  NEVER.  Oh yeah, and then there was the one year where he happened to be in a bad mood and spent the whole night picking fights with me until I finally broke down and went home in tears.  And I am someone who rarely cries.

And you complained about your birthday, David, LMAO?  YOU SUCK!  YOU ARE A HORRIBLE PERSON AND YOU SUCK!

I hope your current wife forgets your birthday every year, gets soused on champagne long before midnight, and picks fights with YOU.

Sorry to hijack a bit!  But that rant felt so good, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards