Oregon

Wedding Night hotel recommendations in Portland?

jlauxjlaux member
First Comment
Hi everyone!

Does anyone have hotel suggestions in Portland for the night of our wedding? I'd love to find a place with a wedding suite, but am just trying to find a nice place for us to spend our first night as husband and wife. :)
If you make a suggestion, I'd love to hear the reasons you recommend it, if you stayed there or not, what about the experience you liked best. Thank you fellow knotties!

Re: Wedding Night hotel recommendations in Portland?

• My cousin just stayed at the Hotel Modera and really enjoyed it! My folks have stayed at the Hotel Vintage Plaza as well as the Benson and I think they'd recommend both. Hotel Vintage Plaza is a little more "boutique-y" vs. an older style luxury hotel.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • thecatergatorthecatergator member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012

My daughter was married at the Benson Hotel in the main level ballroom.  The package included 1 nights stay in the executive suite (it was a corner room.)  They sent up food for the newly weds and champagne.

If you don't have a venue yet, this would be a great place for a wedding and reception.  The room rate was waived with a food and beverage minimum and Lydia, the catering manager, was great to work with.  We had access from 8am to 12 midnight.  During cocktail hour in the lobby the ballroom was flipped into a reception setup.
  • Hotel DeLuxe has a honeymoon suite with a round bed which is kinda fun and different.  they hav e different packages you can buy which may include wine, breakfast in-suite etc.

It's a really cool hotel
  • We're huge fans of Kimpton Boutiques, so I'd look into Hotel Vintage Plaza, Hotel Monaco or potentially Riverplace (though it's my least favorite of the three).  H and I have been drooling over the Garden Spa room at the Vintage Plaza for a while now.
  • jlauxjlaux member
    First Comment
    Thank you everyone! These are such great suggestions! This will really help us focus our search for the right place.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oregon_wedding-night-hotel-recommendations-in-portland?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:119Discussion:c1464632-4c48-4615-938a-bd5231b30360Post:c38e48ed-6a84-44a5-9568-2a5d17387d1b">Re: Wedding Night hotel recommendations in Portland?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hotel DeLuxe has a honeymoon suite with a round bed which is kinda fun and different.  they hav e different packages you can buy which may include wine, breakfast in-suite etc. It's a really cool hotel
    Posted by coleniffer[/QUOTE]

<div>I stayed here right after Christmas and I was very impressed!  The hotel has a vintage Hollywood theme and the room was lovely.  I thought the price was reasonable too.  A clean and classy hotel! Also, as seen on Portlandia, if you're a fan of the show. </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards