Not Engaged Yet

Any tech-savvy NEYers?

Hoping you all can help me with BFs Christmas present. I got him a Nook GlowLight, since he spends a ton of time commuting on the train, and is always reading, but can't take a bunch of books in his briefcase. I want to load  few books on it, and maybe get him a magazine subscription or two. He doesn't have a nook account yet-anyone know if I can set one up for him without him finding out? It says it needs his e-mail, and if I do that, it'll send him an e-mail and he'll know what he's getting! There's a "give as gift" button, but again it gets sent to an e-mail address, and I don't want to ruin the surprise! 

Anyone know if I can set up the account as me, and then he can change it? Or once the nook is connected to an e-mail is it connected to that one forever? Neither one of us is very techy. :(

Re: Any tech-savvy NEYers?

• I have a Kindle, not a nook, but I know that my mom originally set mine up with her e-mail (because it was a gift) and later we were able to change it to mine. I would think you could do the same thing with a Nook.

• Oh good! I haven't been able to get that far, since Barnes and Noble keeps kicking me back onto my account. I was trying to do it without taking it out of the cellophane so it would look pristine on Christmas morning, but I think to do the initial set up I'm going to have to. I was worried about him maybe getting a duplicate, but now that I've talked with his mom I think I'm in the clear. 
  • I would probably just not set it up and give him a gift card so he can purchase a few books on his own.  It doesn't take that long at all to download books.

Anniversary
  • I also agree with @dignity100. Another option would be sending the books as gifts. Then he will get an email on the date you specify and he can load them onto his account. I'm pretty sure you can do this with b&n (I do it with my BFF on kindle a lot)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards