Chit Chat
Options

Any recent shopping scores?

2»

Re: Any recent shopping scores?

• Options
    SBmini said:

dolewhipper said:SO JEALOUS OF THAT BLUE DRESS! I love everything about it.

Ok, back to the question at hand, I think if the gents would be wearing no jacket (only button down and tie) than it may be a little over dressed. However I'm in the same thought process as many others from the other thread that over dressed is better.Just match your SO and you're fine

Yeah the beaded dress was definitely a find. The thing weighs about 30 lbs it has so many beads on it! The guys will be in suits with jackets. I think I'm going to show both options to a coworker and get their opinion. 

Yeah my wedding dress felt like it weighed 50 lbs due to all of the beading. Love that 2nd dress. I agree the 1st may be too formal for the work function.

You'll have to go out to a really swanky dinner in the red dress.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    I'm too sick to even online shop. . .it's pathetic.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options

I got SO a blazer that was originally almost $200 for $117 w/ free shipping between coupons and sales.

Last week it dropped to 115 BEFORE my coupons, so i could have gotten it for like $95! So it was a good deal...

Other than that, I got my mothers boyfriend some nice gloves 50% off, and I got us Cirque tix during pre-sale that are now *almost* half the price of what's going now. And they are worse seats!

• Options

I'm sick too :-(

What mini game do you play, @PrettyGirlLost?

My FI is going to try out Warmachine tonight to see if he wants to "invest".

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options

Yey! Bargain brag: Four 4piece place settings of cobalt fiestaware.:are for $55 at Kohl's.

And big, big bargain $1310 off our cruise cabin  in combined sales pricing, on board credit and credit card promotion.  

One of my Fiesta sets is the cobalt too!

• Options
    Aw. Feel better.

Anniversary
  • Options

luckya23 said:

Do you having something flu like and viral too?  My stomach is killing me and I feel like I want to puke, but the sight and smell of all foods makes me want to puke as well.  Is this what being pregnant is like?  I'm NOT pregnant!!!

I don't have any experience with GW games aside from painting the figs for other people.  I'm mostly a historical and pulp gamer, and a lot of times my friends just make up their own rules and we play them.  So I'm of no help to you, really ><

• Options

luckya23 said:

Do you having something flu like and viral too?  My stomach is killing me and I feel like I want to puke, but the sight and smell of all foods makes me want to puke as well.  Is this what being pregnant is like?  I'm NOT pregnant!!!

I don't have any experience with GW games aside from painting the figs for other people.  I'm mostly a historical and pulp gamer, and a lot of times my friends just make up their own rules and we play them.  So I'm of no help to you, really ><

Just a cold at the moment although my stomach definitely isn't feeling well either - I lost my breakfast banana but kept my lunch soup.

It feels very much like the beginning of the ear infection I developed in October, so I'm not trusting it!

FI said he's going to check out the scene first because if the people don't paint their figures they're not worth playing with!  lol

He plays other games, but also likes the painting more than the playing... he loses interest quickly.

• Options
    Haven't gotten any really amazing deals lately, aside from normal Christmas time discounts, but I'm kicking myself for missing out on one for Vera Bradley. On Saturday I ordered a purse from the website for my MIL. It was on a pretty decent sale so I was happy to save a little money. Well, the next day it was marked down t $20, instead of the $40 that I paid (originally $60). If I had just waited ONE day, I could've saved a ton and still gotten it in time for Christmas.
    I SO would have been on the phone with their Customer Support if that happened to me. As a couponer and sales driven purchaser, I'm sorry for your loss :(
    Most stores have a 7-14 day price adjustment policy.  Twice in the past two months, immediately after making purchases at Anthropologie, the items went on sale.  In both situations, customer service readily and painlessly adjusted my credit card bill.
  • Options
    luckya23 said:

luckya23 said:

Just a cold at the moment although my stomach definitely isn't feeling well either - I lost my breakfast banana but kept my lunch soup.

It feels very much like the beginning of the ear infection I developed in October, so I'm not trusting it!

FI said he's going to check out the scene first because if the people don't paint their figures they're not worth playing with!  lol

He plays other games, but also likes the painting more than the playing... he loses interest quickly.

Yeah a lot of players don't paint anything, but at the same time some groups have really strict rules against that.

chibiyui said:
    Aw. Feel better.

That would feel amazing on my tummy right now. . .

• Options
    Omg @SBmini‌ that short dress with the beads is SO cute I love it. If you wear the red dress, send me the blue one for my Christmas party this Saturday!!!

Now if anyone can find a great deal on a French door refrigerator that would be fantastic...... I want the black Friday sale prices again!!! Damn mortgage wouldn't let me finance one back then..

image   image   image

• Options
    @Sugargirl1019 Have you look at AjMadison? They are having a 40% off sale. My first suggestion would actually be Nebraska Furniture Mart because that's where I have been looking for our new fridge, but I assume you don't have those in TX. 
    Anniversary

• Options
    Omg @SBmini‌ that short dress with the beads is SO cute I love it. If you wear the red dress, send me the blue one for my Christmas party this Saturday!!! Now if anyone can find a great deal on a French door refrigerator that would be fantastic...... I want the black Friday sale prices again!!! Damn mortgage wouldn't let me finance one back then..
    We got our fridge at a Sears Outlet. It was originally $3,000, I think we paid $1,200 for it. 
  • Options
    Oh I forgot also on Black Friday I got my shampoo and conditioner (each retail for like $25) for $2 each! Yes $2!!  They were 50% off, plus I had two $10 off coupons that I could use together.  I was super excited about that!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I went to Macy's on a whim. This dress was originally $90 but was on clearance and clearance again so I scored it for $14.

It has pockets and a built in bra and it's awesome.
  • Options
    MobKaz said:
    Haven't gotten any really amazing deals lately, aside from normal Christmas time discounts, but I'm kicking myself for missing out on one for Vera Bradley. On Saturday I ordered a purse from the website for my MIL. It was on a pretty decent sale so I was happy to save a little money. Well, the next day it was marked down t $20, instead of the $40 that I paid (originally $60). If I had just waited ONE day, I could've saved a ton and still gotten it in time for Christmas.
    I SO would have been on the phone with their Customer Support if that happened to me. As a couponer and sales driven purchaser, I'm sorry for your loss :(
    Most stores have a 7-14 day price adjustment policy.  Twice in the past two months, immediately after making purchases at Anthropologie, the items went on sale.  In both situations, customer service readily and painlessly adjusted my credit card bill.
    This!  I just ordered something from Wayfair on Sunday and noticed it on sale yesterday.  I called up and got a price adjustment.  I scored a great deal on an area rug that way too at Crate & Barrel.....it was already on sale when we ordered it, but a week later it went on CLEARANCE!  I called up and saved a couple hundred dollars.  I have yet to find a store that won't do a price adjustment within a week or two of purchasing an item.
  • Options
    penguin44 said:

@Sugargirl1019 Have you look at AjMadison? They are having a 40% off sale. My first suggestion would actually be Nebraska Furniture Mart because that's where I have been looking for our new fridge, but I assume you don't have those in TX. 

We do have them!

We actually went to the Sears Outlet this evening and found OUR fridge that we've been eyeing since October - and it was 50% off!! Just a ding and scratch on the side at the bottom where the cabinets go! I'm SO thrilled. Less money than the black Friday sales! We have a fridge now yay! House is functional now!

image   image   image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards