Chit Chat
Options

Grumpy Butt

This week sucks.

I failed to get a job that I really really wanted.

Kitten broke one of my wineglasses (NBD) and an antique bottle that I found while on a walk with my grandfather (MAJOR SADFACE).

Also, I have to work during what was supposed to be Christmas time with H's family. When I told them, the in-laws said "we'll miss you" rather than "can we move it". It took BIL stepping in to get them to change it.

I still only work 8 hours a week making minimum wage and I feel like a stupid, useless lump.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
eyeroll

Re: Grumpy Butt

• Options
    I hear ya, I've been a grumpy asshole for like a week.  

Can you freelance or volunteer for a bit?  I always found that if I was doing something, it made me feel better.

sorry you have to deal, I'm with ya!

• Options

Can you freelance or volunteer for a bit?  I always found that if I was doing something, it made me feel better.

I was volunteering at the library until they hired me... but only for a few hours a week.

I'm about ready to go to my church office and just start cleaning.
    eyeroll
  • Options
    Inkdancer said:

I was volunteering at the library until they hired me... but only for a few hours a week.

I'm about ready to go to my church office and just start cleaning.
    Best volunteering I ever did was at an animal shelter walking the dogs and snuggling them.  You can't be in a bad mood around puppies.  It's physically impossible.

• Options
    Grumpy and Grumpy meeting is the best gif of the day. 

Don't be sad. Every time I haven't gotten a job I wanted, it was because the universe had something better hidden. The universe is a sneaky bastard.

Do you know what kind of bottle? Medicine, extract, bitters? Size, shape, color? Embossed? 
    I very likely have a twin, and would send it. (There are a few hundred down in the room of requirement. Milk glass to cobalt, and every color between. If you say it was a Warner's Safe cure-all, you are out of luck, but I'll be very sad along with you.)
    Hugs.
  • Options

Don't be sad. Every time I haven't gotten a job I wanted, it was because the universe had something better hidden. The universe is a sneaky bastard.

Do you know what kind of bottle? Medicine, extract, bitters? Size, shape, color? Embossed? 
    I very likely have a twin, and would send it. (There are a few hundred down in the room of requirement. Milk glass to cobalt, and every color between. If you say it was a Warner's Safe cure-all, you are out of luck, but I'll be very sad along with you.)
    Hugs.
    It was clear glass, with the brand Rocking Horse embossed on the side. It was kind of flat and curved, like very large flask would be.

I usually collect cobalt and aqua glass, so this was an unusual piece for me.
    eyeroll
  • Options
    I found out recently that grumpy cat makes more money that I will in my entire life, and it made me extremely grumpy. I also feel like I just do not have time for anything right now. I want everyone to just time out and let me catch up.

• Options
    Inkdancer said:

Hugs.
    It was clear glass, with the brand Rocking Horse embossed on the side. It was kind of flat and curved, like very large flask would be.

I usually collect cobalt and aqua glass, so this was an unusual piece for me.
    Damn! I know for certain I have no Rocking Horse. I'd remember that. Well, I'll keep my eyes open. You never know what I'll come across. 
    (My favorite bottle is a Rose's Lime Juice, 1900. It's the most beautiful soft green colored glass, and embossed with roses and vines.)
  • Options
    That's all very stinky. I'm sorry.

If you want someone to look over your resume, let me know. Or, if you need any other job help, tell me how I can help!
  • Options

If you want someone to look over your resume, let me know. Or, if you need any other job help, tell me how I can help!
    Ditto with resume help.  Hang in there!

• Options

Ditto with resume help.  Hang in there!

Thank you both. I had revamped my resume as was suggested by the unemployment office, and now I'm finding out that their suggestions are actually hurting me rather than helping me. It's pretty terrible. So I feel like I wasted months and months of job search time courtesy of bad advice.
    eyeroll
  • Options
    Come here and snuggle with me, lovey.

I just found out this morning that I didn't get a job that I was really, really hoping for.  We're talking, nailed the interview, got good feedback, just all around rocked.  Such a shit feeling.

Make sure to do something nice for yourself amidst the shitstorm life threw at you.  WE LOVE YOU!

Anniversary

• Options
    @slothiegal I love you boo. Thanks for the hugs.
    eyeroll
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards