October 2014 Weddings
Options

Married Life

How is married life going for everyone? Any plans for the future? 

Re: Married Life

• Options
    Married life is going OK here. 

We're still adjusting; I'm wishing combining households would be happening faster (we agreed to wait a year after marriage to find a new home so we could save up).  My H moved in with me, while his brother lives in his house.  I feel like H needs more space for his things, so we need to de-clutter my home.

H had to have the roof replaced on his house, of course it was NOT covered by insurance.  It was just old and the insurance company said it was not installed correctly to begin with, they covered where it leaked inside the house though.

Work has been rough for both of us.  My team is short staffed, his team is also.  He was moved to the team he's on and it's not 100% where he wanted to be, but because his previous experience they thought he was a good fit for it, so now he's having to train everybody on the team and put in long hours (because nobody else has the experience).

We have a vacation planned for end of January (back to Disney since we got annual passes with our wedding package) :) !!

Anniversary
  • Options
    Married life is going great for us! 
    Work is very stressful for both of us, but we're trying not to bring the stress home. We're also saving for a house with a goal of April 2015. We are saving money anywhere we can- didn't buy Christmas presents for each other this year. We're obsessed with Zillow right now and cannot stop looking at all the homes available in our area. I'm also pinning decorating ideas like crazy on Pinterest. I've filled the wedding planning void with home buying/decorating. 

The only thing that has not gone well is sticking to my pre-wedding diet/exercise plan. We have been so lazy and are eating out way too much! We're really enjoying living together, but we have no motivation to work out. I think I've gained about 15 lbs since the wedding. My new years resolution will be to get back into my pre-wedding regime. I can't fit into the pants I wore to our wedding rehearsal! Ahh that's terrible!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We had been living together for most of our relationship. Actually, even while he was walking me down the aisle, my dad was telling me how we are already "married" and that the wedding is just a formality...which is pretty much true. Being legally married didn't change much aside from logistics of taxes, my name, and health insurance coverage.

But overall we've had a good couple of months. I got a new job, which is temporary...but it's looking promising that it will turn into something permanent!

My birthday is in a month and I'm just starting on the beginning stages of planning a birthday weekend trip to Las Vegas! I'm super excited for that!
  • Options
    @bekt14 - I haven't been working out or eating right since getting married.  I need to get back on that wagon too!!

Anniversary
  • Options
    Dignity100
    I started the new year with a juice cleanse detox for 5 days. Now I'm determined to get back into my pre-wedding diet & workout routine. We even bought a family calendar where both of us can track our workouts each week. Let's just hope it sticks!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards