Chit Chat
Options

UO

Re: UO

• Options
    My friend's 4 year old loves avocado rolls. You could try those. :)

And yeah, tempura sweet potatoes are like manna from heaven. Yum.

• Options
    My friend's 4 year old loves avocado rolls. You could try those. :) And yeah, tempura sweet potatoes are like manna from heaven. Yum.
    Those sound totally doable. YOU GUYS ARE MAKING ME SO HUNGRY. STAHP. 
  • Options
    I'm not as skeeved out by the seaweed as I am by the fishes, so I might give this a shot.

ETF: SHOT. I will give it a SHOT, not a shit.
    Nori is hard and flaky in the package. It's easy to roll like a cigar and seal with water. Once you make a roll and put it with rice, let it sit for 15 minutes before you eat it. The nori will get all soft which is preferred. 

• Options
    jenna8984 said:
    I'm not as skeeved out by the seaweed as I am by the fishes, so I might give this a shot.

ETF: SHOT. I will give it a SHOT, not a shit.
    Nori is hard and flaky in the package. It's easy to roll like a cigar and seal with water. Once you make a roll and put it with rice, let it sit for 15 minutes before you eat it. The nori will get all soft which is preferred. 
    Nice protip! I would have never known to do this. Thanks :smile:
  • Options
    lyndausvi said:
    Sushi is the bomb.  And not all of it is raw seafood either.  Or seaweed for that matter.
    Well, tell me more! Like, is there sushi with no sea creatures in it?
      California rolls, but I don't consider that sushi, lol!

OMG tempura fried rolls are soooooo good. . . damnit I want Sushi now but we have reservations tonight at a steakhouse ><
    The great and powerful Google tells me that there is crab in California rolls.
    they have vegetarian rolls too
  • Options
    larrygaga said:
    @prettygirllost I meant Blackhawks fans. I had no idea we were assholes until you told me. LOL 

EDITed because I also had no idea that you were prettygirllost and not pretty lost girl...
    Wings fan here. Holy shit you guys got some real assholes. I won't go to a home game vs the hawks anymore. 

I mean I know Detroit doesn't have the best fan reputation, but oh my god the douches who came from Chicago need to stay in Chicago. 
    :( see that makes me sad. I love to talk some shit, but it's all in fun and I can accept shit right back. I can tell when people don't think I'm funny and I shut my mouth. 

I have a friend from Detroit and we're planning on going up to a game at the Joe next year. I promise I won't be a dick. 

Did you notice Hawks fans being dicks before like 2009? Because the bandwagon fans are annoying here too. 
    I think the first game where I was actually noticing things was in 2006. It's just trashing the arena and harassing anyone wearing a Detroit jersey. 

I mean who comes to Detroit where everyone thinks all the violent criminals live and harasses them???? DERP

I know you aren't a dick. I know not all hawks fans are dicks. Just many of them that happen to come to the joe. When we visit Chicago and FI wears his wings stuff, we just get playful banter and people who want to discuss a game, no harassment or craziness. 

Maybe someday we will be at the same game!!! I can't always control which games I end up at! The only one I'm going to this year is vs the Islanders.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    larrygagalarrygaga member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2014
    jdluvr06 said:
    beethery said:
    Possibly an UO: I hate Family Guy (and the Cleveland Show) and hardly ever have even a tiny chuckle at any of it's jokes.

I like Family Guy but I HATE South Park.

Restaurants I hate include White Castle, Bob Evans, and Goldstar
    I hate family guy and I love south park. I think family guy has simple and repetitive jokes, and I love the social commentary in south park. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I don't care that everyone tried to make sushi seem appealing.  You will never win me over.  It is still disgusting. 

• Options
    Late to the party, but OH MY GOD DO I HATE OLIVE GARDEN. If you live in the tristate area and frequent OG, you should be kicked off the east coast. I hate most chains - Fridays, Applebee's, Chili's. No thanks.
    I used to go to Applebee's every day when I worked in the mall since it was the only clean eating place. Every time I brought my lunch, someone would steal it from the fridge. I'd usually just get soup or a salad, though. And I've gone to chains (like OG and RL) because Yelp has free events there. It's REALLY hard for me to turn down free booze and food, even if it's from a chain. They make the food better than normal for our events!
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    Late to the party, but OH MY GOD DO I HATE OLIVE GARDEN. If you live in the tristate area and frequent OG, you should be kicked off the east coast. I hate most chains - Fridays, Applebee's, Chili's. No thanks.

I used to hate Friday's but someone brought their vanilla bean cheesecake to a party I was at once and holy shit was it good.
  • Options
    I always want to try to new places, but V prefers chains. He feels like there is a better chance of liking the food than trying a new place. We switch off from time to time.
  • Options
    @novella1186 - I 
    amelisha said:
    Apparently I have an unpopular opinion in that I think the raw seafood variety of sushi is preferable. We almost never get rolls and stick to nigiri or sashimi. I love the weird stuff too.
    Yup. I definitely like rolls too, especially eel, but salmon or white tuna sashimi is my jaaaaaaam. I like to squeeze a bit of lemon on the white tuna and eat a piece of the pickled ginger along with it. SO delicious.
  • Options
    esstee33 said:
    @novella1186 - I 
    amelisha said:
    Apparently I have an unpopular opinion in that I think the raw seafood variety of sushi is preferable. We almost never get rolls and stick to nigiri or sashimi. I love the weird stuff too.
    Yup. I definitely like rolls too, especially eel, but salmon or white tuna sashimi is my jaaaaaaam. I like to squeeze a bit of lemon on the white tuna and eat a piece of the pickled ginger along with it. SO delicious.
    Wait why did I get tagged in this? I'm confused? And since I'm here, I fucking love sushi so much. Raw stuff doesn't bother me; I think it's so delicious, but then again I've eaten some really bizarre stuff over the years.
  • Options

esstee33 said:

@novella1186 - I 

amelisha said:

Yup. I definitely like rolls too, especially eel, but salmon or white tuna sashimi is my jaaaaaaam.
    I like to squeeze a bit of lemon on the white tuna and eat a piece of the pickled ginger along with it. SO delicious.

Wait why did I get tagged in this? I'm confused? And since I'm here, I fucking love sushi so much. Raw stuff doesn't bother me; I think it's so delicious, but then again I've eaten some really bizarre stuff over the years.

Haha whoops. I think I started to respond to one of your other posts ages ago and just forgot to delete it. Mobile is a whole new world.
  • Options
    lc07 said:

When I saw 138 new posts I was SURE there was a fist fight going on. Maybe because I'm an asshole Eagles fan.

You made me laugh so hard I knocked the cat off the bed.

Fly Eagles, fly!

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    amelisha said:

I love sashimi the best too. And hand rolls/cones. But I hate caviar, bleh!!!!

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    When I saw 138 new posts I was SURE there was a fist fight going on. Maybe because I'm an asshole Eagles fan.

You made me laugh so hard I knocked the cat off the bed. Fly Eagles, fly!

:) to making you laugh.

Unfortunately we're done flying for this year. FML.

• Options
    I can't stand football.  I don't understand the game and what's been explained to me I think is dumb.  Also, I cannot get over how American's totally ripped off the name.  Practically the entire world calls the game that is, you know, mostly played with the FOOT, futbol.  Seriously, call the stupid game with guys in helmets and pads running around, giving each other concussions and playing a game mostly WITHOUT their feet something else!

I also really dislike minivans.  If I have enough kids to warrant a van, I will drive a VAN and be proud of it, not a minivan. And if I have 3-4 (which H and I plan on), I will drive a Doge Durango/large SUV-type vehicle.
  • Options
    lc07 said:

lc07 said:

You made me laugh so hard I knocked the cat off the bed.

Fly Eagles, fly!

Doh! What happened?

• Options

You made me laugh so hard I knocked the cat off the bed. Fly Eagles, fly!

Doh! What happened?

We have never won a Super Bowl and are trying not to break tradition?
  • Options
    Ha. H LOVES DMB. Honestly it concerned me a little on our first date as I didn't care for them but his enthusiasm made it grow on me. I still don't listen to it on my own really, but I've been to a couple concerts and our house is basically a shrine to DMB. He has a fire dancer tattoo... yeah. Also met a couple band members through strange circumstances and they are nice as hell. I still don't understand why he's been to over a dozen concerts and wants to go to more, but hey. I'm kind of surprised by the Abercrombie stereotype as that's not H or the people I've met at concerts at all. I can see it being so back in their  heyday though. 

Speaking of, I like 90s rock and I like Nirvana but feel it's pretty overrated and aside from a few songs really prefer a few other grunge bands. I also love Maynard James Keenan but out of his 3 bands, Tool is my least favorite. Puscifer is the least well known but kicks the most ass IMO. 

I have never had sushi. I want to try it but am intimidated. 
  • Options
    levioosa said:
    I hate Elf on the Shelf.  It's creepy as hell.  

Good one! I don't think it's creepy, it's just dumb. Also, I remember being SO mad and sad and upset that my parents lied to me about Santa existing. Elf on a god damn shelf would have been even worse, I think.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards