Wedding Woes

Friday, 6 days 'til Christmas!

I've got some baking to do today.  I hope it's decent enough to get the kids out for even 5 minutes.  They are working my nerves and break just started

Tomorrow bright and early we head to my folks for the night.  19 people in one house for 36 hours.  I'll be shocked if the bar isn't open when we get there at 10 am. 

Monday I need to do the neighbor baking and wrap the gift I just had to buy for Max.  Tuesday is clean.  Wednesday is bake and prep for Thursday.  Thursday the big guy comes!

Re: Friday, 6 days 'til Christmas!

• I think DD1 has strep. There is a confirmed case in her classroom. All 3 of my kids are complaining of not feeling well but DD1 is really bad. How many times can my kids get strep this year?

I'm guessing my whole day is shot but maybe now I will quit stressing about things that don't really matter.
  • I'm counting down to dropping the kids off with my IL's.  They've been nutty all week.  

I'm baking and shopping this weekend. I hope we can finish up everything.  

My dad came to dinner last night.  I also talked to my mom and grandma.  My grandma sounded great.  My mom said my grandpa cried and thanked my mom and uncle for being there.  

Mr. Conn has been dropping hints that having another kid 'might not be so bad.'  Uh wut?  First of all, he was more on board with no more kids after DefConn than I was and secondly, in my head and heart, I am done.  He and the kiddo have been pressing for a puppy, I wonder if he's reverse psychologizing me?

My new toy is so flipping fun.  As much as DH poo-pooed about me getting one (we didn't *need* it...well of course not), he sure hogged the damn thing last night. He facetimed his buddy in CA. 
  • 6fsn said:

I hope it's decent enough to get the kids out for even 5 minutes.  They are working my nerves and break just started

When I was little, I thought the line from It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas about "Mom and dad can hardly wait for school to start again" was really mean.  Now I understand that it's about the kindest thing he could have said.
  • I'm taking DefConn to daycare on Monday just so I don't have to listen to them running around, hollering like banshees, or fighting with each other.  I also am going to have a ton of crap to get done to prep for Christmas eve. 
  • I ordered my mother's gift last night.  We're going to get my father's gift on Sunday morning, as early as possible.  I just want to get him a warm fleece jacket.  With the neuropathy, he really is cold all the time in the house, unless it's somewhere north of 75.  Whew.  

A few years ago we bought him a fleece jacket and it's been worn to bits.  He was complaining about needing a new one, so we're going to go buy him 2.  2, so that mom doesn't have to sneak it from him for washing.  :D
  • Good news and bad news. The good news is that DD 1 does not have strep. The bad news is that she has the flu and son has strep and the flu.

Dh, dd2 and I are all being given meds for prevention.

I think our trip to my family's houses this weekend is out.
  • Oh no! So sorry, Taw.  At least you know and they started everyone on meds.  There is so much illness around right now!
  • Boo Taw!!  :( That's horrible.  Poor kiddos.  Poor Son, who got a double whammy. 

I hope no one else gets it. 
  • I have dress rehearsal at church tonight for the childrens play, then after friend and I are going to Kohls' -they are open 24 hours through Christmas.  I still have so much to buy, I'm way behind and have to get it done.  I'm going first thing on Sat. with another friend.  I'm sure I will end up going alone Monday or Tuesday - when you go with friends you have to go where they want too, and I have no time for that!

Poor middle granddaughter has the flu.  She's in K so doesn't come to my house everyday anymore but her little sis does, I so hope I don't catch it - to much to finish up.  I'm just hoping she is better before Christmas and her little sis doesn't catch it.  DIL is also due with #3 baby brother in a few weeks so pray he stays put until all the germs are out of their house.

• I'm really thankful that there has been no puke or poop.
  • Tonight we have hannukah under the stars. It's free and at a local outside shopping mall and it should be really fun. Food trucks, bounce houses, crafts for kids starting at 5. Then a kid's hannukah celebration at 6 and an adult ceremony at 7. We'll be heading home around 7.

It's the first year that H has wanted to do anything like this, and our good friends plus a ton of kids from Baby A's preschool are going to be there, so I'm looking forward to it.

Tomorrow A is going with H to see a local magician at a Christmas event, and after I'm taking the kids to meet a friend of mine for lunch while H does some errands. He needs to get some lightbulbs for our kitchen and living room that have burnt out. He also needs to pick up the present my parents got the boys at walmart and figure out where the hell he's going to put it until Christmas. They had gotten A a mini cooper for his second birthday, and they fight over it. All L wants to do is ride in it while A drives, but there's no room.  So this year, my parents are getting them a big truck that they can ride on together.

Sunday, a playdate with the kids and a couple friends from A's school while H is at the Dolphins game.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Afternoon! I brought the kids to daycare this morning then came home and went back to bed. DH and I ended up sleeping until 11 am which was glorious. Then we had sex with no toddler cock blocks which was also amazing. We just got back from having sushi for lunch, again glorious with no kids whining about being hungry or not liking this or that. Now I'm contemplating a quick nap. I'm picking the kids up and taking them to my mom's house for her to take them to Santa. I'm officially off work until the 29th so it's errands, hanging out, and Christmas fun from here on out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards