Chit Chat

Things that annoy you??

Re: Things that annoy you??

• I quit smoking 4 years ago. And you know what really annoys me? Smokers that are sick all the time, and complain about it. Fucking quit smoking and you'll stop getting bronchitis. Is it really that hard to understand?? 
  • My coworker telling me to do things when she's not the boss of me. Grrr.

I worked at a car dealership for 2 years during college. Dear God. I know your struggle.

This.  Like wtf. Do you sign my pay cheques? No? Then stop telling me what to do.  This girl in my office is an assistant, and she was trying to convince me that I was hired as her assistant, which is so not the case, and every time she has a file she hands it off to me... so i hand it off to my boss, who hands it back to her lol
  • People (aka my mother in law) who don't have jobs and sit on their lazy ass on the couch for 7 days a week, who post TGIF all over facebook. How is Friday any different from the rest of the week for you?!??!

The fact that my brother and SIL will never come out of their way, they want everything done for them. She asked to borrow my beach unbrella then asked me to bring it over, then I had to go pick it up once I wanted to use it. Fucking Christ, I let you borrow something, the least you can do is return it to me. She asked me a week ago if I had their extra car seat base, I said yes you left it here. She has yet to offer to come get it. I live 1.5 miles from them.

• I quit smoking 4 years ago. And you know what really annoys me? Smokers that are sick all the time, and complain about it. Fucking quit smoking and you'll stop getting bronchitis. Is it really that hard to understand?? 
    She came into work  yesterday coughing and hacking and weezing. She can smoke again today because she's better. She went out to smoke yesterday and informed all of us that we couldn't lecture her because she's an adult.

Yeah. Okay. Me too.

• jenna8984 said:

People (aka my mother in law) who don't have jobs and sit on their lazy ass on the couch for 7 days a week, who post TGIF all over facebook. How is Friday any different from the rest of the week for you?!??!

The fact that my brother and SIL will never come out of their way, they want everything done for them. She asked to borrow my beach unbrella then asked me to bring it over, then I had to go pick it up once I wanted to use it. Fucking Christ, I let you borrow something, the least you can do is return it to me. She asked me a week ago if I had their extra car seat base, I said yes you left it here. She has yet to offer to come get it. I live 1.5 miles from them.

I would have told them that they wanted to borrow the umbrella, they would need to pick it up. Otherwise they are shit out of luck.
  • WR annoyance: when people give me unsolicited wedding advice. "Have a candy buffet with mason jars!" "Your colors should be dark brown and pale orange for October!"

But I love when it's an etiquette no-no. "My cousin had a little break in between the ceremony and reception and she loved it!" "If you're making your own decorations and need help, just enlist your bridesmaids... they'll be happy to help!"
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• jenna8984 said:

People (aka my mother in law) who don't have jobs and sit on their lazy ass on the couch for 7 days a week, who post TGIF all over facebook. How is Friday any different from the rest of the week for you?!??!

my FMIL always goes oh well im working from home. seriously stop with this you dont do any work from home all you do is sit in your chair that you never leave all day. id rather go into an office and actually do something than sit in a chair and watch soap opera's all day. get over yourself. 
  • peachy13 said:
    WR annoyance: when people give me unsolicited wedding advice. "Have a candy buffet with mason jars!" "Your colors should be dark brown and pale orange for October!"

But I love when it's an etiquette no-no. "My cousin had a little break in between the ceremony and reception and she loved it!" "If you're making your own decorations and need help, just enlist your bridesmaids... they'll be happy to help!"
    Oh, I wasn't even thinking about WR things...I have a loooong list of WR annoyances.

Great Aunt telling me I really should invite Uncle Jim who I haven't seen in 15 years. Second cousin inviting herself to the wedding. Unsolicited advice and opinions. Everyone wanting to know about the damn colors. Ugh.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• ChemFanatic25ChemFanatic25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2014
    mrsk616 said:
    I work at a dealership and it drives me crazy when people come in and miss pronounce a vehicle. EX: Arcadia Acadium, Anclave when its an ACADIA or A ENCLAVE.
    i have a lot of people call in and ask can I look at the Denali? Well what Denali? We have 4 different vehicles that come with that trim level. And they always answer with well a denali. I end up putting them on hold and giving it to sales and let them deal with the stupidity. 

so what are some things that you crazy?
    I used to live with someone who said Audi is pronounced AA-dee not OW-dee (I think that's how you do it) and she said she knows best because her boyfriend owns one. Hmmm nope.
  • mrsk616 said:
    jenna8984 said:

my FMIL always goes oh well im working from home. seriously stop with this you dont do any work from home all you do is sit in your chair that you never leave all day. id rather go into an office and actually do something than sit in a chair and watch soap opera's all day. get over yourself. 
    Eh, I would be pretty happy to not have to go into work and do shit.  But I probably wouldn't just sit and watch tv all day (at least after the first month), but rather do house work, bake, cook, run errands, etc.

• blabla89 said:
    peachy13 said:
    WR annoyance: when people give me unsolicited wedding advice. "Have a candy buffet with mason jars!" "Your colors should be dark brown and pale orange for October!"

Oh, I wasn't even thinking about WR things...I have a loooong list of WR annoyances.

Great Aunt telling me I really should invite Uncle Jim who I haven't seen in 15 years. Second cousin inviting herself to the wedding. Unsolicited advice and opinions. Everyone wanting to know about the damn colors. Ugh.
    "What are your colors???!" "What is your theme!????"  Umm, wedding theme?

• mrsk616 said:
    I work at a dealership and it drives me crazy when people come in and miss pronounce a vehicle. EX: Arcadia Acadium, Anclave when its an ACADIA or A ENCLAVE.
    i have a lot of people call in and ask can I look at the Denali? Well what Denali? We have 4 different vehicles that come with that trim level. And they always answer with well a denali. I end up putting them on hold and giving it to sales and let them deal with the stupidity. 

so what are some things that you crazy?
    I used to live with someone who said Audi is pronounced AA-dee not OW-dee (I think that's how you do it) and she said she knows best because her boyfriend owns one. Hmmm nope.
    i have had people call Acura AKura. our manager at my store corrected him and the guy felt like a complete idiot. 
  • peachy13 said:
    blabla89 said:
    peachy13 said:

• peachy13 said:
    blabla89 said:
    peachy13 said:

At the beginning of our wedding planning FMIL kept asking what our colors were so I told her blue just so she would stop asking. Then when we had actually thought about it and picked out flowers and stuff, she asked again and I told her that our flowers and stuff were going to be pink and green. Then she was annoyed because she had already bought blue outfits for FSIL's babies and now they weren't going to match. I was like...Uh, what? Why do they need to match? Are you going to sit them on the cake table as part of the decor?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• People who end sentences with "lol".  It's not punctuation!

People who offer me unsolicited TTC advice. "Have you tried putting your feet above your head after sex?  You know , when you stop trying - that's when it happens!"
  • People who end sentences with "lol".  It's not punctuation!

People who offer me unsolicited TTC advice. "Have you tried putting your feet above your head after sex?  You know , when you stop trying - that's when it happens!"
    "You know, you should probably come be our referee, so we know we're doing it right!"
    eyeroll
  • -I think nail clipping at work is disgusting.  If I hear it at home, in the bathroom I cringe, but that is the only acceptable room for that activity.
    -I once worked somewhere where a girl was shaving her legs with an electrical shaver over the CARPET n the locker room.  Didn't your mother teach you anything?  Still makes me shiver when I think about it.  I didn't even think that issue had to be taught, and was just common sense.
    -Long fingernails on men.
  • -I think nail clipping at work is disgusting.  If I hear it at home, in the bathroom I cringe, but that is the only acceptable room for that activity.
    -I once worked somewhere where a girl was shaving her legs with an electrical shaver over the CARPET n the locker room.  Didn't your mother teach you anything?  Still makes me shiver when I think about it.  I didn't even think that issue had to be taught, and was just common sense.
    -Long fingernails on men.
    When I worked at Brookstone, I caught a manager using one of the electric shavers on his face out on the floor. Middle of the day on a Saturday right before Christmas.

GROSS.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• People that keep asking me, "How's married life?" 
    People who ask me how wedding planning is going and are just flabbergasted when I tell them it's basically done.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• beethery said:
    People that keep asking me, "How's married life?" 
    People who ask me how wedding planning is going and are just flabbergasted when I tell them it's basically done.
    Me too haha.  Everyone is like "oh so what's done?"  I'm like "um, everything but invitations because we're 10 months away?" lol

• beethery said:
    Me too haha.  Everyone is like "oh so what's done?"  I'm like "um, everything but invitations because we're 10 months away?" lol

This gives me anxiety. I haven't even ordered flowers yet. Gahhhhhhh.
    Anniversary

• Loud chewers...  especially crunchy stuff, like chips.  Or, people who talk with their mouth full...

Ugghhh... I do not want to HEAR what you're eating!  

• I also work for a car dealers but over the phone I have had so,e right idiot customers. Don't know if it's same in the States but we have a car say ford focus then models of said focus so titanium zetec blah de blah, numbers of customers who ring asking to view the ford zetec and can't comprehend that that's just a specification is hilarious so zetec what focus sir? No the zetec. Div Also may I introduce you to what I consider one of the ugliest cars on the uk road.. I had a customer asking to view the car with the wood on the side.. I asked probing questions desperate to believe nobody is that stupid to believe a car has wood on the side. He genuinely believed it. It's a plastic panel designed to take the damage when ur car door gets hit in a car park by another car
  • When coworkers say the words "I don't mean to rush you, but....." Yeah you do, or you wouldn't have said but...

GRRRR.

• beethery said:

This gives me anxiety. I haven't even ordered flowers yet. Gahhhhhhh.
    I haven't either but I'm DIYing them and I haven't decided what I want. MEH, I say!
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• I also work for a car dealers but over the phone I have had so,e right idiot customers. Don't know if it's same in the States but we have a car say ford focus then models of said focus so titanium zetec blah de blah, numbers of customers who ring asking to view the ford zetec and can't comprehend that that's just a specification is hilarious so zetec what focus sir? No the zetec. Div Also may I introduce you to what I consider one of the ugliest cars on the uk road.. I had a customer asking to view the car with the wood on the side.. I asked probing questions desperate to believe nobody is that stupid to believe a car has wood on the side. He genuinely believed it. It's a plastic panel designed to take the damage when ur car door gets hit in a car park by another car
    we have a lot of recalls going on in the states with GM i have gotten you guys sent me a letter about my car being recalled. ok we as the dealer did not send that but we can assist. i have gotten people accusing me of calling them when i did not. (2 stores with the same call back number awesome right)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards