Chit Chat

Things that annoy you??

Re: Things that annoy you??

• mrsk616 said:
    I work at a dealership and it drives me crazy when people come in and miss pronounce a vehicle. EX: Arcadia Acadium, Anclave when its an ACADIA or A ENCLAVE.
    i have a lot of people call in and ask can I look at the Denali? Well what Denali? We have 4 different vehicles that come with that trim level. And they always answer with well a denali. I end up putting them on hold and giving it to sales and let them deal with the stupidity. 

so what are some things that you crazy?
    FI is a mechanic. I say sky-on, instead of zion for scion. I'm annoying like that.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
    Funny Awkward animated GIF
  • Dacia : quite a new brand in the UK that we sell part of the Renault group. Even people who work here sell it wrong when answering phone it's dat-ch-ia but it's said by some as day-sea-a. Grrr
  • I HATE TELEMARKETERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Today I hate husband he decides to do things at the most inappropriate time why would u start emptying the junk room making a complete tip when we have guests coming round and downstairs needs attention more. :'(
  • I just woke up and another one popped in my head. It drives me crazy when my niece uses anything of mine (shampoo nail polish nail polish remover etc) you have your own stuff stop using mine. I just took out the towels i bought over the summer wonder if she will use hers or use my towel. They think anything i buy for myself to use (cups mugs etc) are for them to use. Umm no thats for when i move out. My sister has been using my mugs lately. Going to pack those up in a couple days. I know taking my keurig when i leave will be a hassle.
  • Oooh annoying, hate it when people borrow without asking or worse just help themselves to things in my kitchen, last Easter my fil ate my entire Easter egg!!
  • People who get on the bus and then spend five minutes bothering the bus driver for directions. "Is this the bus to Michigan Ave? Where do I get off if I want to go to Water Tower Place? Which bus should I take for Shedd Aquarium? How do I get a Ventra card? Do you take credit cards? I don't have enough change. Do you have change?"

The bus driver won't drive until you shut your cakehole and pay him, and the rest of us HAVE TO GET TO WORK. We are not on vacation. YOU ARE. That means you can take five seconds to 1) look at a fucking CTA map, which has every landmark on it or 2) download one of the fifty billion apps that has the CTA routing along with bus/train trackers.
  • FI has a peeve that I love to irritate: He hates it when you leave time on the microwave. He has a coworker that apparently does it all the time and he's the passive aggressive coworker note guy. "Who leaves 3 seconds? WHAT ARE YOU WARMING FOR 3 SECONDS!?" it's pretty damn comical. Poor guy. He gets all up in arms about it :)
    H does this and it drives me crazy! He also never fills the Brita container. What the hell is wrong with him?
    ditto on both accounts.

He NEVER allows the microwave to just end.  He always has to leave time on the clock.  I do not use the microwave really, but when I do I hate that I have to clear his left over time first.

And don't get me started on the water pitcher.    We have a 23-cup on from Zero Water.  You have to fill the water on top about 2-3 times to fill the whole container.  It takes a little while for it to drain to put in more water.

Not only will DH not even pull out the container, he will not even continue what I've started it.   I'm like WTF? You see the container sitting there, you see it needs to be filled more but no, he just lets it sit there waiting for me.   It's like he has some sort of disorder than doesn't notice an empty water container.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Oooh annoying, hate it when people borrow without asking or worse just help themselves to things in my kitchen, last Easter my fil ate my entire Easter egg!!

She goes through my mom on asking. My mom says this one time. Well she uses it as a invitation to use it all the time.
  • edited December 2014
    People who go to the small music shows in my area and talk during the sets. WTF? I'm here to listen to music. There is a coffee shop NEXT DOOR and another one about 5 doors down. Go there if you want to talk. Save the chit chat for the breaks.
  • steph861steph861 member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2014
    People who take the elevator to go up or down one floor when they're not obviously injured/disabled or carrying anything.

People who walk slowly down the middle of the sidewalk or hallway so you can't get around them.

• steph861 said:

People who take the elevator to go up or down one floor when they're not obviously injured/disabled or carrying anything.

People who walk slowly down the middle of the sidewalk or hallway so you can't get around them.

This attitude annoys me. I am 25, not disabled, and seemingly in good health. Seemingly being the key word. I have chronic back pain, and arthritis in my knees (and everywhere) so bad, that some days I literally CAN'T walk up the stairs.

You have NO idea of someone's injuries or disabilities just by looking at them. And how does someone taking the elevator affect you anyway? I can't imagine it inconvieniences you. What's so annoying about it?

Because I work on the top floor. I also had a disability in university that really affected my mobility, and you wouldn't have been able to tell by looking at me. Doesn't mean it doesn't irritate me.

• ashley8918ashley8918 member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2014
    steph861 said:

steph861 said:

This attitude annoys me. I am 25, not disabled, and seemingly in good health. Seemingly being the key word. I have chronic back pain, and arthritis in my knees (and everywhere) so bad, that some days I literally CAN'T walk up the stairs.

You have NO idea of someone's injuries or disabilities just by looking at them. And how does someone taking the elevator affect you anyway? I can't imagine it inconvieniences you. What's so annoying about it?
    Because I work on the top floor. I also had a disability in university that really affected my mobility, and you wouldn't have been able to tell by looking at me. Doesn't mean it doesn't irritate me.

-----PRETEND THIS IS A BOX-----
    i don't understand the point that you are trying to make. What gives you the right to judge whether or not someone is "disabled enough"?
  • MadHops21 said:

mrsk616 said:

I work at a dealership and it drives me crazy when people come in and miss pronounce a vehicle. EX: Arcadia Acadium, Anclave when its an ACADIA or A ENCLAVE.
    i have a lot of people call in and ask can I look at the Denali? Well what Denali? We have 4 different vehicles that come with that trim level. And they always answer with well a denali. I end up putting them on hold and giving it to sales and let them deal with the stupidity. 

FI is a mechanic. I say sky-on, instead of zion for scion. I'm annoying like that.

Omgsh. I pronounce it "S-eye-on".. That's wrong? Its a Z?

And the Acura thing. I think she was saying people were pronouncing it like "A-cure-a" with emphasis on the wrong syllable. It should be like "accurate" right?

image   image   image

• mrsk616 said:

Omgsh. I pronounce it "S-eye-on".. That's wrong? Its a Z? And the Acura thing. I think she was saying people were pronouncing it like "A-cure-a" with emphasis on the wrong syllable. It should be like "accurate" right?
    No. It is sigh-on. Not a Z. 

• @ashley8918‌ I took some time to think about it and what I said was really dumb and offensive. I'd like to apologize to you and everybody else.

• steph861 said:

@ashley8918‌ I took some time to think about it and what I said was really dumb and offensive. I'd like to apologize to you and everybody else.

Apology 1000% accepted. Thanks for being super mature about it. We cool! :)
  • mrsk616 said:

Omgsh. I pronounce it "S-eye-on".. That's wrong? Its a Z? And the Acura thing. I think she was saying people were pronouncing it like "A-cure-a" with emphasis on the wrong syllable. It should be like "accurate" right?
    I say everything wrong. It's ou-dee for Audi, but I say aww-dee. The commercials mock me when they say ou-dee. 
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
    Funny Awkward animated GIF
  • today is another day where everything and everyone has annoyed me. 
    my manager likes to ignore me and sent someone on a run at 4 causing me to stay extra on a holiday week. 
    people who like to milk the damn clock or a system
  • mrsk616 said:
    today is another day where everything and everyone has annoyed me. 
    my manager likes to ignore me and sent someone on a run at 4 causing me to stay extra on a holiday week. 
    THIS. I have this one coworker who stays here EVERY Friday until 8 or 9 PM so that she can get overtime. It's especially irritating because she doesn't even fucking do anything. I am frequently here that late (but I am salary, not hourly like she is, so no extra monies) actually doing work, and I have caught her fucking around on Facebook several times. It's infuriating. GO THE FUCK HOME.
  • FiancB said:
    I hate it when people post stuff on facebook like "share this picture of Jesus if you believe in him!" or "pray for this kid". Yes, because that's what's God is all about, a popularity contest, and the reason that the kid has cancer is not enough strangers asking God to please stop being a dick. Oh and the "thank you lord for the job promotion/other relatively meaningless thing". Yep, you are the favored one. All the poor people in India are just fucked. 

Right now I'm super annoyed because I'm trying to sell my horse and talking to multiple parties and they are all playing games with me. Sorry it takes a little time to figure out the logistics of sending a horse 4 states away and I want to make sure she's the right horse for you.
    im guilty of sharing one to support my local cops. ( they have been under heavy scrutiny over issues that have happened over the past couple of years) but otherwise i do not share much unless its something funny. those share if you believe in jesus drive me crazy 
  • mrsk616 said:
    FiancB said:
    I hate it when people post stuff on facebook like "share this picture of Jesus if you believe in him!" or "pray for this kid". Yes, because that's what's God is all about, a popularity contest, and the reason that the kid has cancer is not enough strangers asking God to please stop being a dick. Oh and the "thank you lord for the job promotion/other relatively meaningless thing". Yep, you are the favored one. All the poor people in India are just fucked. 

Right now I'm super annoyed because I'm trying to sell my horse and talking to multiple parties and they are all playing games with me. Sorry it takes a little time to figure out the logistics of sending a horse 4 states away and I want to make sure she's the right horse for you.
    im guilty of sharing one to support my local cops. ( they have been under heavy scrutiny over issues that have happened over the past couple of years) but otherwise i do not share much unless its something funny. those share if you believe in jesus drive me crazy 
    "just scroll past if you worship the devil" What-the fuck-ever. SHUT UP.
  • mrsk616 said:
    today is another day where everything and everyone has annoyed me. 
    THIS. I have this one coworker who stays here EVERY Friday until 8 or 9 PM so that she can get overtime. It's especially irritating because she doesn't even fucking do anything. I am frequently here that late (but I am salary, not hourly like she is, so no extra monies) actually doing work, and I have caught her fucking around on Facebook several times. It's infuriating. GO THE FUCK HOME.
    we have one that does the opposite. im going to leave it at that. 
  • It annoys me when you work in a small office and people leave their office doors open and talk on speaker phone.  It's happening at my office right now and I want to scream. 

If you're going to have your speaker phone turned all the way up to where you can hear it in the entire office, at least close your office door.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards