Chit Chat

whatca doing?

I'm watching Steel Magnolias right now.  It's the wedding scene.    

OMG - so 80's.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 

Re: whatca doing?

• I just finished watching the original Miracle on 34th Street for the first time.  I think I might get some wrapping done tonight, or maybe wait until tomorrow.
  • The original one is my favorite.  

I think I'm just an old fart who doesn't like all change.  Well, that is not always true.  Some change is good, but some things  I like the original way.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I'm watching Love and Other Drugs and eating way too many Skittles that MissHart sent me for Christmas.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • trying to go find a good place to go look at lights! 
    Anniversary
  • H and I just got done watching The Wolf of Wall Street; now he's out picking up stuff to make quesadillas tonight (with homemade guac and salsa, mmmm) while I am currently attempting to see our wine rack from my position on the couch underneath my giraffe blanket, trying to decide what wine we should open.  

It's a rough life.
    Anniversary

• FWP I tell ya.

• Just finished my Christmas shopping, FINALLY. Now I'm headed home to go to bed, because apparently we are tailgating before the Bears-Lions game tomorrow. AT 6 AM. This was news to me; thanks H.
  • edited December 2014
    Hanging out in the hotel for a few. Just ate an awesome birthday dinner and walked around Michigan Ave.

ETA and drinking single serve boxed wine from a coffee mug. Obvs.

• At the local Chinese buffet with DH, then going home and making another batch of caramel corn for tomorrow.
  • DH has friends over so I'n hiding hanging out upstairs. Also, I might be pretty drunk. The jury's out on that one. 
  • I would be drinking but I need to pick up DH later.   You all have one for me okay?

• lyndausvi said:
    I would be drinking but I need to pick up DH later.   You all have one for me okay?
    ...or 3.
  • I have only had a half a cup of alcohol and I already feel drunk.  I just took my last final online for Grad school and now I am celebrating my first completed semester of grad school.  I will have another one for you @lyndausvi!
  • I had a little too much champagne to drink. Eh- oh well!

• lyndausvi said:
    I would be drinking but I need to pick up DH later.   You all have one for me okay?
    Hahaha, I think I had better abstain tonight. Ya know, after last night.
  • Hanging out in the hotel for a few. Just ate an awesome birthday dinner and walked around Michigan Ave. ETA and drinking single serve boxed wine from a coffee mug. Obvs.
    Is it weird that I live here and have never been to The Bean?
  • lyndausvi said:
    I'm watching Steel Magnolias right now.  It's the wedding scene.    

OMG - so 80's.
    Watching as well. It's in my top 3 of all time and I've easily seen it 100+ times. 

I just noticed tonight there is a portrait of the church I'll be married in, in the Eatenton home. It was my grandmother's church and she went to college in Nachitoches, Louisiana, the same city Steel Magnolias was filmed in. I may be hormonal and half drunk, but talk about an emotional discovery! 

• Hanging out in the hotel for a few. Just ate an awesome birthday dinner and walked around Michigan Ave.

No. It's pretty underwhelming.

• Hanging out in the hotel for a few. Just ate an awesome birthday dinner and walked around Michigan Ave. ETA and drinking single serve boxed wine from a coffee mug. Obvs.
    Hahaha, I figured as much. Like, it's just a big shiny cloud-bean thing? Mmkay. Cool.

• Hanging out in the hotel for a few. Just ate an awesome birthday dinner and walked around Michigan Ave.

Hahaha, I figured as much. Like, it's just a big shiny cloud-bean thing? Mmkay. Cool.

It's not even that big.

It's not even that big.
  • We're bing-wathcing Bob's Burgers on Netflix, and I'm alternating knotting and crocheting Fi a scarf - this is my first time crocheting anything . .  . so we shall see how it turns out. And if I continue to do it . . . .haha
                                    Daisypath Wedding tickers

• Watching HGTV and baking cookies!
  • Watching Christmas Vacation and pretending that I can't hand-wash dishes.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• You guys.. I suck at wrapping presents. Poor DH. The ends are all crinkly bunched up ugly looking. And one side with the pointy triangle piece is actually going sideways.. Because I don't know how that happened.

I wish I could use vodka and wine as an excuse.

image   image   image

• @LabLove86 you might enjoy this. It's my go-to Christmas song now. (John Roberts does the voice of Linda from Bob's Burgers)

--

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Grading assignments and eating chicken nuggets. My goal is to finish all the end of term grading tonight.

Anniversary
  • I am making Christmas cookies all day!!! Just got done making coffee crisps, s'mores bars, and chocolate covered peanut butter balls (Schwetty balls). Tomorrow, I am making italian fig spiral cookies and apricot rugelach, finishing my Christmas shopping, cleaning,  and working on my menu for Christmas dinner. December 26 is my favorite day to relax out of the year <3
  • I'm obsessing over bathroom soap. The restaurant we ate at had the BEST smelling soap ever, so I looked it up... you guys. It was $35 HAND SOAP. Now that I've seen how the other side lives, I CANNOT GO BACK TO GROCERY STORE SOAP.
    Our absolutely favorite restaurant in Denver had THEE BEST soap. We both would purposely go to the bathroom any time we went to eat there just so we could use the soap (and lotion). They closed earlier this year and I still mourn the loss of that damn soap.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards