Chit Chat
Options

How was your weekend?

My weekend was fun. Friday, was secret santa and happy hour with my coworkers. Except, we ended up losing each other at the end of the night, so that was pretty annoying. Sometimes, when we all go out, we never end up together and people get lost. I joked with my friend earlier, that next time we will all hold hands when we change bars, like a school class trip.

Saturday, FI's cousin came over and we hung out at our place for a bit before going out to meet some of our college friends. They wanted to see the Rockefeller tree, but I already walked by it 2 weeks ago, and I'm pretty sure we will go back when my roommate from college gets into town. So we met them at a restaurant after they were done and had dinner. Yesterday was a low key day. FI and I went out for lunch, then just hung out at home.

And now I am at work for the rest of the week, and the office is of course really quiet because everyone else was smart enough to take off! What about you guys?
                             Anniversary
imageimageimage

Re: How was your weekend?

• Options
    I ate and drank FARRRR too much this weekend. So today my stomach is like "Hey dude, remember that time we ate all the things? Me too. Let's do that again." 

But yeah, just spent the weekend with my family that I see once a year. Oh boy. And fielded far more wedding questions than I cared to (even after I said, go to our website: www.xyz.com and then ask me if you have further questions.). And proceeded to piss off my Dad's gf in the meanwhile. That was good fun.

• Options
    We haven't been out to the bars with anybody in forever. Then again, we usually just go to one and hang out there. Benefits/drawbacks of being in the middle of nowhere. Nobody gets lost because if you're in this area, there's one bar. There's also just this one bar. Womp.

I found myself wishing I hadn't told FSIL to take the pie and packing up the leftover gelato for FSIL and FMIL.

We didn't do SHIT yesterday and it was fucking awesome, except that I didn't have any chocolate cream pie or gelato.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    Weekend isn't over yet! No work til January!*

It was awesome though. Fucked around all day Friday for my day off. Surprised H with his trip to Chicago/Lions tickets at Soldier Field. Had a great trip with the best traffic we've ever had getting into and out of Chicago, great weather, awesome birthday dinner, epic hotel sex (it's always the best sex) and a Lions win!

*Well, except for the two tiny reports I have to send out this morning. From my couch in my fuzzy pants.

• Options
    Not bad, not bad. Saturday FI took me to the zoo. That was pretty neat. We'd never been to this particular zoo before and were impressed by how it was set up; lots of shade, and every habitat had multiple viewing areas so you could see the animals no matter where they were hanging out. We also got to feed a giraffe!

In the evening we went for sushi and got drinks at this new-ish bar near us that's supposed to be a speakeasy. You don't need a password to enter, but it's still a really cool atmosphere.

On Sunday FI had to work the early morning shift, so he did that, then since he'd gotten no sleep the night before he went immediately to bed when he got home and slept until the evening. But it was still a pretty good day. I did some cleaning around the house, went for a nice 3 mile run, and we had a lovely dinner together and watched Bad Santa once he woke up.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    mikenberger - I definitely ate way too much. For lunch we got pork belly burrito bowls. For dinner, we got pork belly mac and cheese, a pork sandwich, and an oxtail empanada. Yea. My waistline is regretting that, but I was not regretting all that yumminess yesterday!

@beethery, that's why I love Sundays. We never do shit and it is AWESOME. I almost even took a nap yesterday since I was just bumming around. But I agree, it is never a good idea to give away pie and gelato.

@lolo883, well that sounds like an amazing weekend! Hotel sex is always the best. I must say that I am extremely jealous at the fact that you are off for the rest of the year. I will continue to rot away in cubicle hell.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2014

We got about a foot of snow over the weekend. Because of said snow storm our house guests never make it here.       

I was trying to get ski lessons but due to the holidays they were all filled.  So I just chilled at home.   Did some cleaning, napping, knotting, watching old movies.   It was nice, especially since today I start working nights for the next 2 weeks.    

I'm married to a 12-year-old in a 40-something year old body.   He so wanted to open a gift so I gave in yesterday and let him open one.  It was just the picture below, but he seemed to like having a new toy to show the boys at work.      Boys and their toys, what can I say?

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I had a great weekend. Birthday dinner with DH Friday night was awesome. Delicious Mexican food, and an awesome (abd giant) peach margarita. Afterwards, we went home and watched Love Actually. Normally we watch horror movies, but we mix it up on my birthday and valentine's day (girly movies twice a year is enough for me too).

Saturday was birthday breakfast with my parents and sister. My eggs Benedict was delicious. Then one of my dad's friends stopped by to deliver late wedding gifts for DH and me. She made us an absolutely gorgeous quilt with our names and wedding date, and all the quilting stitches were shaped like hearts over the entire quilt. It was so thoughtful and unexpected. She and her husband also got us some new cookie sheets, placemats and baking dishes. I made a ton of fudge and caramel corn that afternoon, and DH and I had dinner at the Chinese buffet.

Sunday was my mom's side of the family Christmas gathering. Lots of good food, good wine, and great company. It was a long day, but we had a blast.

All around, it was a great weekend. Busy, but tons of fun.
  • Options
    edited December 2014

My weekend was ok

Friday: I had a dentist appointment. It went great, all my teeth are doing good. My gums can be better but who really flosses?! So that was my main highlight ha.

Saturday: I hung out with ne of my old friends and we made her tacky outfit for work. That was fun! But other than that, didn't really do much.

Sunday: My seahawks won! Yay! We decorated the trees too. When I'm visting my family I don't really have a lot to do.

• Options

My weekend was ok

Friday: I had a dentist appointment. It went great, all my teeth are doing good. My gums can be better but who really flosses?! So that was my main highlight ha.

Saturday: I hung out with ne of my old friends and we made her tacky outfit for work. That was fun! But other than that, didn't really do much.

Sunday: My seahawks won! Yay! We decorated the trees too. When I'm visting my family I don't really have a lot to do.

I'm a Cardinals fan. I don't know if we can be friends. Such a devastating loss.
  • Options

My weekend was ok

Healthy teeth and gums are something I have struggled with my whole life. A Mitch Hedberg quote I can really relate to is, "People tell me, 'You don't know how hard it is to quit drinking.' I say, yes I do. It's as hard as it is to start flossing. 'You seem jittery.' 'Yeah, I'm about to floss.'"
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I had a pretty grumpy weekend. Friday was office Christmas party. It was at this venue that served dinner and then had dueling pianos as entertainment. Which is super awesome. Except dinner was supposed to be at 7. They started serving late at 730. And it was buffet. that they did in a specific table order. And my table was the last table to go up to eat. We didn't get our food until 845. By then I had a raging headache from going almost 9 hours without food. We left barely two songs into the dueling pianos because I just couldn't handle the noise.

Saturday FI had an overnight flight to Vancouver, so he left first thing in the morning and didnt get back until sunday afternoon. I did some backing and got a bit of a start organizing my fake flowers for making wedding bouquets. But mainly i lounged around in my pjs watching crap tv and drinking wine because I was grumpy that I only saw FI for 2 evenings in 7 days.

Sunday when FI got home we went and got christmas dinner groceries and ordered chinese food and snuggled on the couch all evening so that kind of cheered me up a bit
  • Options
    kat1114 said:

My weekend was ok

I'm a Cardinals fan. I don't know if we can be friends. Such a devastating loss.
    What if I was to say if I had to choose anyone else to win the superbowl in my division I would pick the cardinals?
  • Options

My weekend was ok

Healthy teeth and gums are something I have struggled with my whole life. A Mitch Hedberg quote I can really relate to is, "People tell me, 'You don't know how hard it is to quit drinking.' I say, yes I do. It's as hard as it is to start flossing. 'You seem jittery.' 'Yeah, I'm about to floss.'"
    I think I'm going to use this quote forever now! I don't mind flossing, I just always forget to do it. It takes me a long time to actually do it right.
  • Options
    kat1114 said:

My weekend was ok

What if I was to say if I had to choose anyone else to win the superbowl in my division I would pick the cardinals?
    I guess we can still be friends. :)
  • Options
    kat1114 said:
    kat1114 said:

My weekend was ok

Yay! Honestly you guys did a great job for having the third string quarterback playing. If you had your starter it would have been a lot closer.
  • Options
    cupcait927cupcait927 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2014

My weekend was good. Friday night H and I celebrated him passing his Series 65 exam with steak and champagne. Huge relief off of his shoulders.

Saturday we ran around like crazy people, trying to get the rest of the things we need for Christmas. I also treated him to lunch at our favorite restaurant to celebrate passing his test. We then proceeded to get day drunk at his parents house. Finally went home and watched Love Actually per my Christmas tradition.

Sunday was the day of getting shit done around the house. H took the dog to his parents house and I did ALL the laundry (including folding and putting away!), cleaned the floors, wrapped presents and cooked dinner. I also drank an entire bottle of wine to get through all of this. H came home and I thought he was going to cry - his Buffalo Bills lost to the Raiders last night and I swear to god I've never seen him more mopey than last night. It was borderline obnoxious, considering his team hasn't made the playoffs in 15 years. This was not surprising. I finally had to leave him on the couch to wallow in his sorrows while I went to bed.

• Options
    kat1114 said:
    kat1114 said:

My weekend was ok

Yay! Honestly you guys did a great job for having the third string quarterback playing. If you had your starter it would have been a lot closer.
    This has been such a disappointing season. We are down to backups in so many positions. I really thought we might be the first team to play a Superbowl at home. As long as the Cowboys or Steelers don't win, I think at this point, I would be happy.
  • Options

My weekend was good. Friday night H and I celebrated him passing his Series 65 exam with steak and champagne. Huge relief off of his shoulders.

Saturday we ran around like crazy people, trying to get the rest of the things we need for Christmas. I also treated him to lunch at our favorite restaurant to celebrate passing his test. We then proceeded to get day drunk at his parents house. Finally went home and watched Love Actually per my Christmas tradition.

Sunday was the day of getting shit done around the house. H took the dog to his parents house and I did ALL the laundry (including folding and putting away!), cleaned the floors, wrapped presents and cooked dinner. I also drank an entire bottle of wine to get through all of this. H came home and I thought he was going to cry - his Buffalo Bills lost to the Raiders last night and I swear to god I've never seen him more mopey than last night. It was borderline obnoxious, considering his team hasn't made the playoffs in 15 years. This was not surprising. I finally had to leave him on the couch to wallow in his sorrows while I went to bed.

That is so awesome, congrats to your H! I had my series 6 until I moved to this department. I was told that since I don't "need" it anymore, it would be suspended for 2 years, after which point I would lose it. Well, I recently found out that this department will pay for me to keep it and I asked my manger about it last week. I don't know if I will ever need it again, since I am really trying to get into marketing, but I feel like you never know. And I do not want to have to study for and sit through that exam again!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    My weekend was pretty good, too. 
    Friday: Christmas party and yankee swap at our office, where I got a three month subscription to hulu plus (perks of being the last to pick!) and egg nog that someone else gave away.  Then I spent the night with FI and egg nog :) 

Saturday: I bought my wedding dress!!!  The only annoying part was that I had an appointment with a specific consultant (I tried on dresses there once before and she was amazing) but I was running late so they started me off with someone else until she could join us and that lady was a huge bitch who made me feel like disgusting and like I was too fat to fit into anything (including dresses I had fit into only a few weeks earlier!). But then my original consultant came back and everything was much better. 

Sunday:  went to my parents' church which was great since I hadn't been there in like a month.  Spent the day with some friends and my cousins, fooling around, walking around brooklyn, and practicing for the Christmas Eve service.

and this week I'm off from work so I'm feeling pretty good :)
  • Options
    kat1114 said:
    kat1114 said:
    kat1114 said:

My weekend was ok

This has been such a disappointing season. We are down to backups in so many positions. I really thought we might be the first team to play a Superbowl at home. As long as the Cowboys or Steelers don't win, I think at this point, I would be happy.
    My mom is a cowboys fan so I wouldn't be upset if they won a superbowl. But I hope the steelers never win ever again ha. I'm still bitter that we lost to them in our first superbowl.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Lucky me had a four day weekend!

Thursday my fiance and I went to Eataly (Chicago) and then to the Christkindle Market in Daley Plaza.  The highlight of each of those was food.  At Eataly I had a $14 prime rib sandwich that was just seasoned meat, olive oil, and a kick-ass baguette and I wish I had another stomach so I could eat a second one!  My favorite thing at the Christkindle Market is the authentic French creperie where I get a crepe every year- this year it was Nutella and fresh raspberries...  I wanted another but I figured eh, why push my luck.

On Friday we ran some errands and then met with a potential officiant, who we will probably hire.  Then we had dinner at a little Italian place (we're not from the area we're getting married in, so wanted to try a few restaurants so we could make recommendations to our guests on where to eat).

Saturday my fiance had to work, so I did nothing until 5:30 when my future in-laws picked me up and we went to the extended family's "Clan Christmas."  Lots of yummy food and I think I gained 3 pounds that night.

Yesterday, we went grocery shopping, saw the final installment of The Hobbit, watched A Charlie Brown Christmas, and had really fun sex!

ETF:  Words
  • Options
    My weekend was pretty good, too. 
    Friday: Christmas party and yankee swap at our office, where I got a three month subscription to hulu plus (perks of being the last to pick!) and egg nog that someone else gave away.  Then I spent the night with FI and egg nog :) 

Saturday: I bought my wedding dress!!!  The only annoying part was that I had an appointment with a specific consultant (I tried on dresses there once before and she was amazing) but I was running late so they started me off with someone else until she could join us and that lady was a huge bitch who made me feel like disgusting and like I was too fat to fit into anything (including dresses I had fit into only a few weeks earlier!). But then my original consultant came back and everything was much better. 

Sunday:  went to my parents' church which was great since I hadn't been there in like a month.  Spent the day with some friends and my cousins, fooling around, walking around brooklyn, and practicing for the Christmas Eve service.

and this week I'm off from work so I'm feeling pretty good :)
    YAy!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you have pics?
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options

My weekend was ok

I can't gif but I want you to know that this makes me love you. I love Mitch Hedberg SO much.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    mine went ok. not much happened
    friday night rode with my fiance and one of his runs
    saturday went to exodus and drove around most of the night. and realized i didnt get my fmil a gift for christmas (crocheting a scarf now) 
    sunday crochet and watch movies
  • Options
    @manillabar looks beautiful!
  • Options
    @manillabar looks beautiful!
    thanks!!
  • Options
    Saturday: Went shopping with my sister up from TX and my mom. Was a lot of fun, made my mother throw up because I drive like an asshole, but still, lots of fun.

Sunday: I worked. Boo.

Today: I'm off, so this is my weekend bitches. I cleaned Target out of their berry decorative tree picks, and I should bake pumpkin roll. And do some fucking cleaning my house is destroyed.

Anniversary
  • Options
    @manillabar, you look beautiful!  And so happy  :)

Let's see....Friday, some friends threw a holiday cooking making party, which somehow turned into "going out downtown until 3AM".

I spent Saturday recovering, because I am an old woman who forgets she can't party like she used to.  Sunday, H and I finished Christmas shopping, (finally) picked up a tree for his parent's place, and did some wine tasting to reward ourselves.  Not too bad of a weekend.
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards