Chit Chat

NWR: Happy Dance

I just discovered a mistake in our database search and, once we fixed it, the change reduced our workload literally by 90%!  YES!  Wooooo hoooooo!  Looks like I don't have to pull some all-nighters the week before Christmas after all.  That's the kind of Monday surprise you actually want.

How's everybody else's Monday going?  Any other happy dances going on today?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

Re: NWR: Happy Dance

• Yay! I'm having a happy dance because I'm going to dinner with an old friend. I hardly ever see her and we have a great time when we hang out. We are going to watch Clueless later. I've never seen it! Plus my phone interview with a grad school went great!
  • I came home sick from work after being there for half an hour.
    I was having stomach pains, but I'm pretty sure it's just the "I don't want to be there" bug. :)
    So I got to nap and spend time with H.  He's getting ready to head out to do some last minute shopping and I get the house to myself.
    Anniversary

• We are having pizza tonight, and I'm going to play ESO.

My mom also decided that we are not coming in on Christmas Eve, or the day after Christmas. FUCKIN' A RIGHT.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• wow, 90%? That's unbelievably exciting! I'm enjoying having some time off for the first time in a long while and then I'm going to my 4 year old nephew's school holiday show, which should be super cute.
  • Sounds like an awesome early Christmas gift! 

I will be happy dancing when this pointless work week is over. I am doing nothing but eating. Make it stop. 

• One of my co-workers made us each our own stash of cookies. I ate a shit ton and felt sugared out. Then another co-worker suggested we get breakfast for lunch. After a salt-fueled meal, all is right with the world.
  • I am pretty sure the only bright side to my Monday is that when I get off, I get to go home and finish up the cookies I ran out of energy for last night. 

How do I ice sugar cookies? Does peanut butter go with sugar cookies? I don't eat them (in my perfect world, sugar cookies don't exactly exist) so I don't know. Also - how does peanut butter take color?
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I'm doing a happy dance because I get off work in 30 minutes, and then only an 8 hour work day tomorrow stands between me and 5 days off! Hallelujerrr!

I don't even care that I'm gonna have to go home and pack mine and FI's stuff to travel since he's obviously incapable of doing so.

Anniversary

• I am pretty sure the only bright side to my Monday is that when I get off, I get to go home and finish up the cookies I ran out of energy for last night. 

How do I ice sugar cookies? Does peanut butter go with sugar cookies? I don't eat them (in my perfect world, sugar cookies don't exactly exist) so I don't know. Also - how does peanut butter take color?
    I wouldn't do peanut butter.  I just do a bag of powdered sugar, 1tsp vanilla extract, and add milk a couple spoonfuls at a time until you get the right consistency (thicker to spread, thinner for a glaze).  Split into bowls (or bags if you want to pipe it) and add the food coloring. 

• MadHops21MadHops21 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2014
    I'm waiting for a call back for a job I interviewed for a month ago. Less pay, but gets me out of this shit hole of a cell center. 

I had to give 5 references and talked about price range for salary. She said she'd call
    early this week, so we will see if I get it. 
    Inglorious BastardsETA Perfect gif found for waiting by the phone 
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
    Funny Awkward animated GIF
  • Ughhh no dancing. Ate too much pizza. Woof.

Happy grunting that I'm off work till next year. :)

• That is awesome! I would kill for that kind of discovery at work right now!

I am doing a happy dance because I am 99% that my 2nd least favorite coworker is going to another department. Perfect timing, too, be I am *this* close to karate chopping the bitch in the throat. She is god damn insufferable. Now, ANNOUNCE IT ALREADY.
  • Man that's awesome, you kick ass!
    I am so pissed this week.....all the accounting people that I need at corporate are on vacation until the 2nd. Who let these motherfuckers have vacation time in accounting at month end, year end?!?!? Not ok! Because I'm accounting and I can't do any of my local shit without them giving me the corporate schedules and amounts. 

• JC, that is awesome!

I played hooky from work today. Got all my shopping done and I'm ready for Christmas!
  • I starching researching ideas for my bday trip in January. :D So I am a happy camper right now.

And DH keeps recommending all these fabulous restaurants for our trip, so I'm also going to be a very spoiled camper!
  • larrygagalarrygaga member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2014
    I successfully wrestled a knife from a Vietnam vet yesterday. He was PISSEDDDDD.

I wouldn't have done it if it wasn't a butter knife. He might be in a wheelchair but I know he could kick my ass. He wanted to sleep with it next to him to "defend" himself from his bedridden roommate, which of course is not safe. 

Now he hates me but everyone is safe. Average monday. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards