Not Engaged Yet
Options

:::Waves hello:::

Hey there :)  I've lurked quite a while, off and on.  I finally made a screen name & mustered up the courage to post.  However, I'm a bit nervous about being too specific, so please forgive me in advance! 

What You Do:  I work in mental health
What SO Does:  Academia
State of Relationship: Solid :) 
How Long You've Been Together:  Long enough to know he's the one I want to marry!
How You Met:  Mutual friends
Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married):  Uh, isn't this "Not Engaged Yet"?
Real Babies:  I wish.  Someday, when the time is right.
Fur Babies:  1
Loves: Online shopping, couponing, crafting, reading
Hates:  Gravy
Pet Peeves:  People who sniff their snot.  Use a Kleenex already!
Describe Your Personality:
Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]):  8.7

How I like my potatoes:  Fried & dipped in mayo

Q & A time!  What else would you like to know?

Re: :::Waves hello:::

• Options
    lwp14 said:

Hey there :)  I've lurked quite a while, off and on.  I finally made a screen name & mustered up the courage to post.  However, I'm a bit nervous about being too specific, so please forgive me in advance! 

How Long You've Been Together:  Long enough to know he's the one I want to marry!

Welcome! What kind of furbaby do you have? Also to the bolded, a lot of us are married, engaged, not engaged, etc... so it's not uncommon to come on here and see someone talking about their SO/H/W/BF etc...
  • Options

Thanks for the verification on the SO/H/W/BF. 

The furbaby is a 70 pound shepherd that thinks she's a lap dog. Eek!

• Options

Pictures of the pup?

If you could trade places with someone alive today for a week who would you pick?

What do you craft?

What is the most you have saved couponing?

• Options
    minskat30 said:

Pictures of the pup?

If you could trade places with someone alive today for a week who would you pick?

My sister! We live a ways away from each other & I'd love to have a week with her LO's. So, maybe I'd switch word BIL instead so I can see my sister, too.

What do you craft?

I like to sew, quilt, paint, etc. When I needed something to do, I can always find something at Hobby Lobby and the likes to occupy me.

What is the most you have saved couponing?

$15 on a $20 purchase. I'm not stellar, but I get gratification stacking coupons, using Cartwheel, and sales. And Savings Catcher (Yup, I'll admit to shopping at Wal-Mart).

• Options
    lwp14 said:

Welcome! What kind of furbaby do you have? Also to the bolded, a lot of us are married, engaged, not engaged, etc... so it's not uncommon to come on here and see someone talking about their SO/H/W/BF etc...
    ******* If you lurked, you'd know that "NEY" means nothing 'round these parts. That's all I have to add.
    This ^^^^^

Also, we all know that vaguebooking is a thing... I think we can now say vagueknotting is also.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    @cu97tiger - Vaguebooking is a thing? We all know this? I don't know what that is, haha.

• Options
    Good point. I don't have a substantial response other than lurking doesn't always equal a diploma for knowing all the ins and outs.
  • Options
    I also made an assumption that perhaps a good amount had started here as not engaged yet, then have stuck around. I know a few seemed to have jumped on board for other reasons, though.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    @lwp14 - Welcome. How old are you and your SO? What area of the US do you live in? If you've lurked, who is your favorite and least favorite regular poster?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2014
    lwp14 said:

Thanks for the verification on the SO/H/W/BF. 

The furbaby is a 70 pound shepherd that thinks she's a lap dog. Eek!

Welcome!  I have a shephard/lab mix who thinks she's a lap dog too! She prefers to sit on top of me rather than a dog bed.

Best vacation you've ever been on?

*edit because I can't spell...
  • Options
    cu97tiger said:
    lwp14 said:
    I also made an assumption that perhaps a good amount had started here as not engaged yet, then have stuck around. I know a few seemed to have jumped on board for other reasons, though.
    That is a correct assumption.

I mean, welcome and everything, but as an intro, you left a whole lot of holes. For example, you really didn't want to share how long you and your SO have been together? Giving us that information would have been a breach of internet security?

Maybe I'm just horrified that you would massacre fried potatoes by having them touch mayo. Ew.

@alpacina - Vaguebooking = An intentionally vague Facebook status. For example: "Well, that was a crappy way to start the day." It almost inevitably leads to people commenting asking for more information, making the person feel loved/more important. I love that UrbanDictionary gives this as the OPPOSITE example: "In line at the grocery store"

Oh geez, I really should have been able to figure that one out on my own. My favorite (read: least favorite) is when someone is saying something bitchy about a specific person but won't say who it is. But you know the poster just got a FLOOD of texts asking "Who? Who?"

• Options
    We are 27 & 29. We have been together over six months. That's one isn't so much internet security as I'm sure many people will turn their noses that in less than a year, I can be so sure.

The best vacation I've been on was to Scotland my last winter break of college. A friend and I couch surfed, went on a country tour, and just had a blast.

I just read Jodi Picoult's newest book. I also just finished Orphan Train and Redefining Girly within the past month.

Fried potatoes & mayo? I'm still sticking by it!
  • Options
    I could bake cookies all day long, as well as homemade bread.

I'm working on my masters. I work full time & take night classes.

I live in the mid-West.

I watch "Hart of Dixie" and "The Flash."

I'm going to take a detour home today to buy dark chocolate covered almonds from a local store.
  • Options
    Welcome!  I guess I'll play the role of Captain Save a Newbie here....because your vague-knotting didn't bother me in the slightest.

You withheld being together for 6 months because you didn't want us to judge you based on that.  It's better than explicitly lying about how long you've been together (which I know others have done.)

Shrug. 

Anyway, welcome to the nut house.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards