Not Engaged Yet

Merry Christmas (Eve) (Day)

Good morning! 

I am at work. WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! But tonight is Christmas Eve! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! 

I stopped at Dunkin for a peppermint mocha coffee and I'm watching Night at the Museum right now so it's not THAT bad. Still, H is at home asleep and that's where I want to be! 

I'm hopefully getting out of here around 11. My parents are driving up late this afternoon and I'll get to see Lucy and then we have a big Christmas Eve dinner at my aunt's house. 

Tomorrow, we'll open presents with my parents and with my aunt's family. Then we'll go to BIL's house to see H's family for brunch. And finally, we'll drive to DE to spend the rest of the day/night with my family. H has to come back home tomorrow night because he has to work on Friday which makes me sad. On Saturday I have to do Christmas with my step-siblings. It's awkward and uncomfortable and I won't even have my wingman (H) because he'll be at work. I get to go to my mom's house that day to see my kitters, though, so I'll power through! 

I'M SO EXCITED IT'S CHRISTMAS! 

Re: Merry Christmas (Eve) (Day)

• And I'm officially sad that I'm the only one awake/around/at work/whatever! 

• I'm here.  waiting on my coffee to kick in.  zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
  • I'm here at work too. Boo.

I also got a text from my sister around 5am, her water broke so she is at the hosptial having my niece!!! I am so excited! We were supposed to spend part of the day at her house for Xmas so I don't know what we'll be doing now.  I just can't wait to meet my new niece. 

I should get out of work around 1ish.  I need to wrap more gifts when I get home and tongiht H & I are going to 10pm mass.  It was so beautiful last year.  I loved it.  I'm tired I really would love to go back to bed.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas though!!!

Anniversary

• I'm at work too. Should be getting out around 2 today. Then I have to stop at the grocery store- I'm thinking it's probably going to be insane. FI's parents, aunt and cousins are coming over for dinner. FI's mom is pretty much bringing everything so that's nice. I won't have to do anything but make my own dinner because I'm the pickiest person alive.
    We'll open presents with them tonight and then we'll be alone on Christmas morning to open presents from each other. FI has to work Christmas day so I'll be going to my aunt's for dinner.
    Then I'm off Friday so I can sleep in! Saturday I have no plans and Sunday I'm meeting with a potential vendor for our wedding invitations. I'd like to go do some after Christmas shopping on Fri or Sat but I'm pretty much broke.

• aw that's so exciting @peaseblossom55 ! Is this your first niece/nephew?

• I am beyond exhausted this week!  I'm not sure what time I'm leaving today, in between 12 and 3 sometime.  we are going over to my grandma's tonight, and then we'll do Christmas tomorrow at my parents' with a few other family members.  Friday I'm off (THANK GOD) and Saturday I'm hosting a post-Christmas party for some girls.  Friday will be spent cleaning and buying groceries.  but at least I won't be getting up at 5:00 AM and going in to work.

next week we leave for CA!!

@peaseblossom55 - what exciting news!!  I hope your sister has a quick and easy labor.
  • Hello everybody!!

I got up earlier than I wanted (7AM) because H was snoring loud and I had a lot on my mind that I wanted to get done.  I cleaned off my stove top (which was gross - but not anymore) and I made Chocolate Peanut Butter Marshmallow Squares.  Then I cleaned out my crockpot for later on when I make perogies.

Next on my list - shower and do 1 load of laundry.  While laundry is washing, I'll wrap gifts.  Hopefully H will be getting up and ready when laundry is done so we can get our running around done.  We have to go to the grocery store, bank, his house... I MIGHT want to stop at Dressbarn to look for a new top to wear to Christmas tonight (I'm having one of those 'I have nothing to wear' days).

I'm hoping to be home no later than 1PM so I can get in a quick nap... wake up start making perogies and go to SIL's house for Christmas Eve.

No plans on Christmas - Christmas with my family will be on Friday because my SIL has to work Christmas day.

@Swazzle - we're all with you in spirit (I'm sure that doesn't help at all).  Hope you get out of work soon!!

Anniversary
  • @lavenderfields13 nope it's my second niece, but I can't wait!!!

@cocobellaF I'm so excited I hope all goes well too!

Anniversary

• Merry Christmas! @peaseblossom55 how exciting! A Christmas baby!  

I'm at work today too until 3, then my family is going to BFs family's house for Christmas Eve dinner. He has a huge extended family, and I have none, so I love spending time with all the aunts/uncles/cousins etc. 

I still have a few stocking stuffers left to get after work today, and I have to start the cooking for Christmas morning brunch.
  • @Peaseblossom55 - Hope everything goes well for your sister and your new niece!!  Congrats!

@CocoBellaF - I've been so exhausted just in general lately too!!  It's been so gloomy outside.

Anniversary
  • @Peaseblossom55 - How exciting! Sending vibes for a easy delivery and a healthy and beautiful baby! 

@lavenderfields13 - The only plus side of me being at work and H having off? He gets to do all of my last minute errands :)

@Dignity100 - You've been so busy already this morning! For Christmas I'm wearing a sweater that says "I woke up like this" and leggings and boots for Christmas. An elastic waistband is a necessity! #klassy

• I'm here too!! Also watching Night at the Museum (actually pretty excited that the second one is one after - I havn't seen that one yet!)

But I need to get moving - because I have to make a fruit trifle, a lemon meringue pie, set up apple dumplings and home made mac-n-cheese for tomorrow . . . all by about 1pm. I havn't started yet.

Hope you all have a great holiday!!
                                    Daisypath Wedding tickers

• @LabLove86 - I haven't seen it either! It makes me want to go see the 3rd one. 

I LOVE LEMON MERINGUE PIE!

• I'm at work and trying to get some things done.  I'm exhausted...got work emails at 4 am, the dog started barking at 5:30 am and I gave up trying to get back to sleep.  I'm hoping to bang out this work while the office is quiet and head out early.  H is grumpy since the dog woke him up too and I'm grumpy because even though H doesn't have to work today he still let me be the one to get up this morning to deal with our barking maniac.

I'm going to try to get into a better mood by this afternoon.  Maybe some Christmas music would help?  Any favorites, ladies?

• WAAAHHHH

I got a nasty stomach flu last night and now I can't go to Christmas with my family and maybe/probably not with my FI's family and I'm very whiny about it and still quite miserable.

WAAAHHHH
  • phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2014
    I dropped by work today to take a look at a few exams and to get some stuff I left here. J had to come into work as well for about an hour, so we came in together. I'm going to pick up some coffee and bring it to him and hang out with him at his office till he can leave.

SO much to do today. We have more cleaning to do than I thought possible, I still need to wrap presents, and I have to find a recipe for tonight and buy ingredients AND make sure I can cook it at my in-laws' house. Whooops. I also was going to bake a cake for J's birthday (which was Friday, but we haven't celebrated with my family), but he doesn't want to be the center of attention at a my-family event. Not that we'd need a REASON to have cake (we love cake), but I understand.

Any good, easy vegetable side dish ideas? I was thinking of baking asparagus and making some kind of sauce for it.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • awwww @KeptInStitches, maybe you'll miraculously recover!!! 
  • @cocobellaf, the hope is that I can hold on to solid food today. Yesterday was ugly but what I've heard is this is violent and then over.
  • @KeptInStitches - I had a stomach bug like that a couple weeks ago.  thankfully I was feeling better after about 24 hours... I hope the same for you!!

this is the first Christmas Eve I've had to work since 2009, and even then we went home early because a blizzard came through.  I am having a tough time today!!  it doesn't even feel like Christmas! 
  • @minskat30 - Eat cookies!

@KeptInStitches - Oh no! Feel better!

@phira - Hollandaise sauce is perfect with asparagus so I vote for that!

• @phira, I like the hollandaise idea!  I've also done baked asparagus with a balsamic reduction and cherry tomatoes and feta before.  it was yummy!  my favorite way is just to quickly roast the asparagus at a high temperature, but it's not fancy at all.
  • @KeptInStitches - I showed up at BF's house for Christmas dinner last year and EVERYONE had the flu. I'm the only one who had a flu shot, and I'm the only one who wasn't fighting over the bathroom on Christmas or the next day. I really hope it's just a 24 hour thing and you start feeling better soon!

------------------------------

I'm "working from home" today. So I've got Criminal Minds on right now. I get off at 11:30, woo! I gave my doggy his Christmas presents just now, since I'm taking him to the boarding place after I'm done working. Lots of tug of war happening this morning.

On my way back I'm gonna have to go to the grocery store (wish me luck) so I can make hot corn dip tonight, wrap a couple last presents for stockings, do the dishes so my house doesn't smell when I get back, and pack everything for 4 nights away from home. Still pretty bummed I won't be spending Christmas with my family. Oh well, the things we do for love.

• Also....

MERRY CHRISTMAS, LADIES!

(I can't believe I forgot to say that.....)

• @Swazzle - its pretty funny so far! I forgot Jonah Hill was in it. . . . 

also - this is my first attempt at any meringue pie . . . . so - fingers crossed!!!!!!
                                    Daisypath Wedding tickers

• @swazzle I totally don't love that you were sad - I just love the little mermaid

AND CHRISTMAS!!  My brain right now is like "SANTA!!!!!!!!  SANTA'S COMING!!!!!" quite reminiscent of Elf :)  Santa is obviously still very "real" in my house haha.

@peaseblossom55 congrats!! I'm sure you will be able to figure out Christmas though :) that's a good reason to have to reschedule or move or whatever!!

@minskat30 The Pentatonix Christmas album is worth all the $7 I paid for it.  Actually, H jokes that I'm going to wear it out - ya know, like you used to be able to wear out a record or a cassette or a CD?  Like that.  Mary Did You Know is fantastic even though there is someone here who hates that song cause her name is Mary...hmmmm :)

@keptinstitches Feel better!  I hope you don't miss too many Christmas festivities, but keep in mind that stomach bugs are particularly notorious as being super contagious :( 

H is golfing currently.  Then we are leaving for our parents' houses over where @IrishDreamer's SO's mom lives.  BUT OF COURSE Irish won't be there.  tsk tsk :)

I am basically sitting here SUPER impatiently.  Why did I ever agree to this?
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • @Blue&White HOLY HELL ON THE SMILIES.  WHAT ARE YOU, IN HIGH SCHOOL?!
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • @Blue & White - Santa is big at our house, too!  Baxter is so excited that Santa is coming tonight!!!
  • @cocobellaf at my parents' house, we are literally not allowed to speak of the fact that ya know, santa isn't real?  Dad gets all upset, haha.  The fact that santa gives us money to buy our own gifts is just details ;)

I'm also super excited cause my family is awesome and FOOD.  Food will also be awesome.  I made a banana cake with cream cheese frosting for my house and a Jewish apple cake for H's house :)
  • @blue, that's why I'm staying home. This one seems to be particularly virulent, but thankfully FI is doing well so far.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards