Attire & Accessories Forum

Help for What to Wear with Wedding Boots!

I need help figuring out what to wear with these! I (obviously) got the white boots but they are definitely more of an off white, which is fine because my dress is ivory. I cannot figure out if these would look best with socks that don't show or if I should attempt to find ivory/ off white thigh highs, and if that would even look right. Fashion was never my strong point. Please give me your opinions! Thanks!

Re: Help for What to Wear with Wedding Boots!

• Don't wear those boots.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Won't your dress cover your legs? How will anyone know what kind of socks or hosiery you are wearing with them?
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Is your wedding dress a mini-dress?  Because otherwise, unless you're planning to walk down the aisle and around your reception with your dressed hitched up around your thighs, no one is going to see your stockings and most aren't even going to see the boots at all.  So wear whatever is comfortable.
  • Are you wearing a short dress? If not, no one will see them and you're free to wear what is most comfortable.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Yes, it is long and I know they will be covered. I guess I was thinking about when doing the garter thing or for taking any pictures where I *might* pull my dress up a bit to show them. But I imagine it will be easy enough to avoid anything like that.

To answer any questions, I can't walk in much of a heel to save my life and my fiance is only slightly taller than me, so I wanted something not too high. And my wedding is in February, so wearing boots seemed logical.

Thank you for the advice!

• Wear whatever makes them comfortable. Don't worry about being sexy for afterwards, you're already sexy. 

Anniversary
  • To answer any questions, I can't walk in much of a heel to save my life and my fiance is only slightly taller than me, so I wanted something not too high. And my wedding is in February, so wearing boots seemed logical.

Thank you for the advice!
    What about flats then, like ballet flats? That's what I am doing as my fiance is also only slightly taller than I am. They won't be as warm as boots, but definitely easier to walk in. 

As someone who used to live in pointy toe (high) heels and boots, those shoes look like they would probably be uncomfortable to walk around in for an extended period of time, despite the low heel. 
  • QueerFemmeQueerFemme member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2014
    Those boots look horribly uncomfortable, and a little...  well, witch-like (like in the movie, Hocus Pocus).  I would go with a pair of flats.
  • Most boots that I have tend to rub at the top, so I would say if you're going to wear the boots, I would do a some kind of stocking. 

The boots in the picture look pretty stiff - have you been wearing them to break them in?  If not, I would suggest wearing them around the house to make sure they are comfortable enough (dance around in them, vacuum in them, just in general - move around with them on).

Anniversary
  • Those boots look horribly uncomfortable, and a little...  well, witch-like (like in the movie, Hocus Pocus).  I would go with a pair of flats.
    That was my first thought as well.

Why not look for a pair of wedges?  They are a lot easier to walk in then heels.  Something like this...CLICK

And unless you plan on trudging through snow or standing outside for a long period of time then you should be fine in a nice dressy shoe.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards